Den Bosch Travel Guide

Pea Soup from my favourite cafe
    by mary2u99

Den Bosch Things to Do

• KOGU's Profile Photo

by KOGU Written Sep 16, 2006

Try Bossche Bol!!!

This would be unique Den Bosch-born famous food in Holland. It looks like very, but actually not too sweet. Once you arrive at the station, just walk straight to the city center. you can find the long queue who try to eat one of the best Bossche Bols in the city.

But I would say it is no big difference. Just come by the one of the nice cafe in Den Bosch and try it!

Sint-Jan 4 more images

by mary2u99 Updated Apr 3, 2006

Admission to the church is free for all visitors. Although the exterior of the church is under renovations it is still look magnificent.

• Den Bosch Hotels

0 Hotels in Den Bosch

Den Bosch Restaurants

Doner 2 more images

by mary2u99 Updated Feb 27, 2007

The owner of this restaurant is my friends friend so we decided to go there for dinner the evening that I arrive in Den Bosch.

The service was excellent. The owner came and asked us how was our food and did we have enough to eat it was very nice and we have a very huge portion of Doner.Actually the portions are enormous It was suppose to be a big portions but ours was giant size. The pizzas are great too.

I could not finished my plate but my friends did and we even finished my friend's son pizza too.

Favorite Dish: Shoarma, Doner, Pizza , Lamb chops

Doner with two glass of beer cost about Euro 13.00.

The Bossche Bol

by mary2u99 Updated Feb 6, 2007

The Bossche Bol is very yummy... and sold at some cafe.. oh I forgot the name of the cafe though. Finally got the name of the cafe the second time I am in Den Bosch.

The Bol is chocolate with a lot of whipped cream filling . It is delicious and typically Den Bosch.

Erwtensoep - Dutch Pea Soup 1 more image

by mary2u99 Updated Feb 6, 2007

They have home made pea soup made fresh everyday and it's one of the best that I had.

I did try the vegetarian version at one of my friends place and only once from the can but I must say this one is really worth the try.

Den Bosch Local Customs

Herring

by mary2u99 Written Feb 6, 2007

The first time I was it Den Bosch my friends insisted that I try raw hearring and so this time around I am again asked to try herring but this time it's the fried versions.

I must say I like this style better though. The fish is very fresh and it's not greesy so it does taste wonderful.

Eating raw hearring

by mary2u99 Updated Feb 6, 2007

Ok this is new to me .. eating raw herring with onions!!! First of all I do not like onion, especially raw onions. But believe me, the herring without the onions would taste different... did I like it?

I should say it is not like sushi.. its smell and the texture is smooth and its very fresh .. which is a good point.

Would I try it again , I guess I will with some wasabi!!! hahaha Maybe if it smoke it would taste and smell better!!

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Den Bosch? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Den Bosch

Comments

Den Bosch Travel Guide
Map of Den Bosch