Local people and seabirds
Veere was an important harbour at the 17th century. Within the fortified walls the city counted 750 houses, reduced today at the number of nearly 300.
On jan 2007 the village counted about 1627 inhabitants. On my picture you will see a lot of birds, if you count them as usual inhabitants, make it the tripple account. LOL
Symbols of a rich history
Strolling around in this village is sometimes keeping your head up:
Many buildings or monuments have an historical symbol
- In the main street of Veere :
- The coeren blom : dan die het coren doet wassen.....
- Arbeidershuysken .... symbolising the harbour workers in the golden times
- Historical Travel
Zee (Sea) and Land = watersports
Zeeland, as already told, land of the sea. So make sure you visit the sea as here are endless sandy beaches that provide excellent sunbathing and swimming (besides all other forms of watersport). On several places the dunes form the natural protection against the water, but are also a delicate natural landscape for lovely strawls. My favorit beach is the somewhat silent one near Burgh Haamstede's lighthouse. So, if you're in Zeeland, make sure you visit both 'Zee' (sea) and 'Land'.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates