Brielle Sports & Outdoors

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Brielle

Ligfietsen (reclining bicycle)

by ATLC Updated Apr 4, 2011

Reclining bicycle

This is a special kind of bike which I haven't tried out myself but seems to be more comfortable to move along. It looks a bit scary as you are much lower than normal which means you really look those car lights in the face.

Equipment: A reclining bicycle.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

CYCLING AROUND BRIELLE

by LoriPori Written Aug 19, 2005

Leida & I Cycling

There are special paths for cyclists and walkers all around Brielle. Almost daily, Leida and I went for a nice bike ride. Every time Leida took a different route, never the same route twice. The first time we went out, Leida was a little ambitious ( she is much more conditioned than me). We were gone for almost two hours and I swear we went over 15 kms. Well, my butt was sore for hours. And to top it off, my dear sweet brother-in-law informed me that there was a gel seat for this bike. Duh!

Equipment: I created a T'log on our bike adventures. Enjoy.

Caland bridge

by ATLC Written Aug 30, 2002

This bridge spans the Maas where the really big container ships pass through. Voorne is a very rural region, yet at 4 kilometres distance there is the largest harbour in the world (port of Rotterdam) and the largest industrialised region in The Netherlands.
    It's an amazing contradiction.

Bridge number one

by ATLC Written Aug 30, 2002

Anyone wanting to go to Rotterdam and further into The Netherlands will cross this bridge. It's like coming home when you return as you look onto the Brielse Maas (lake) which in summer are awash with boats and day tourists.

Along the Brielse Maas

by ATLC Written Aug 30, 2002

Along the way from Brielle to Geervliet you cycle along a water that effectively makes the region Voorne an island, though you'd hardly notice.

Road signs for cyclists

by ATLC Written Aug 30, 2002

Little white mushroom shaped signs tell the cyclists which way to go and how far it is. You'll find these all over our country.
    This photo is taken in between Brielle and Zwartewaal

Cycling on the island Voorne

by ATLC Written Aug 30, 2002

A little cycling tour (20 km. round trip) took us from Brielle to Zwartewaal (5 km.) to Heenvliet (another 4 km.) and Geervliet (another 1 km.).
    Most of the way is along a dyke.

Instant Answers: Brielle

Comments

Brielle Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Brielle sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Brielle sightseeing.