Delft Restaurants

La Cantina Delft
    by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Best Rated Restaurants in Delft

• rsilva's Profile Photo

La Cantina: Good "Fajitas", as for the rest...

by rsilva Updated Aug 27, 2005

I had visited this place some years ago, but since I don't go to Delft very often, I had never gone back.
    My mother was visiting and she felt like having some Mexican food, so I took her here (I haven't found a good Mexican in Leiden, where I live, yet).
    Two of us had the "fajitas" that were quite good (although I would have liked some more meat), but the others had Tacos, Enchiladas and Quesadilla... all were quite bad. They seemed like they were already prepared (deep-frozen?) and the taste was not good at all. On top of that, both people that had this dish felt bad afterwards, my sister actually could not sleep and threw up a few times during the night...

We had four waiters during the evening: two men who were very friendly and nice and two ladies who were quite unpolite or even a bit rude. One of them tried to push the "fajitas board" through me, i.e., she was pushing it against my side and back (I was talking and looking the other way) without asking me to move and even looking quite upset on top of that. We also asked for another beer to which we got a very rude "WHAT KIND???" as a reply. So I guess you can be lucky and have only good service, we were not.

The place looks a bit touristy, which is OK with me if the food is good, but I really can only recommend the fajitas, everything else was quite bad. Even the sodas (7up, Cola) tasted awful.

At 14-20 Eur per main course it is not cheap, but it is not too expensive either.

In case you want to try this place, make sure you stick to the fajitas...

If you understand Dutch, take a look at the webpage and read the Guestbook, one person says he saw the kitchen and immediately ran away...

The interior

• robertgaz's Profile Photo

Stads-Koffyhuis: Dutch pancakes

by robertgaz Written Nov 10, 2005

Holland is famous for pancakes and you will find a Pannenkoekhuis (Pancake House) in almost any town around the Netherlands. The varieties are limited only by your your imagination.

Favorite Dish: My favourite is a delicious pancake topped with crispy fried bacon, pineapple, grated Dutch cheese and drizzled with golden syrup.

The waiter must've taken this as no one is missing

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Minos: Great Greek Food

by Nathalie_B Updated May 1, 2005

Great and not expensive Greek restaurant with a beautiful location on the left side of the City Hall. Don't expect anything fancy, it doesn't have beautiful decorations and 5 stars service, but they definitely know how to cook ;-) For some reason Greek restaurants seem to be on every corner in Delft, but they are more fancy and expensive than the Minos

• Mique's Profile Photo

De Nonnerie: So far my most favorite place in Delft

by Mique Updated Jan 31, 2004

The location is superb. De Nonnerie (the Nunnery) is located in the old cellars of the Prinsenhof. And in summer you can sit outside when they have a terrass at the inner court. Anyway, you'll sit between ages and ages of history...

But apart form the location, they also have delicious food on the menu for brunch/lunch as we found out...

Opened on tuesday-friday 10.30 till 17.00
    Saturday and sunday from 11.30 till 17.00

Sabsi, Roy, Diana, Jose and Brandon

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

WAPEN VAN DELFT: MARKET SQUARE

by LoriPori Written Sep 17, 2005

Lunch time. What shall we have. Since we were all in the mood for pancakes ( pannenkoeken ) we went towards the Market Square, spotted the WAPEN VAN DELFT an open terrace restaurant, sat down and ordered our pancakes. Hans and Vincent ordered pancakes with pineapple ( Pannenkoeken met Ananas ) @ E6.60 per stuk ( apiece) and I ordered poffertjes met aarobei (poffertjes with strawberries ) @ E5.75. We were all quite content as we got a big plate full.

Terrace Sign

• Imaniac's Profile Photo

De Nonnerie

by Imaniac Written Jan 9, 2004

This lunchroom has a really pleasent atmosphere. It is almost like it's in a cave or a huge cellar. This is because the restaurant is located inside the old monestary. De Nonnerie is part of the restaurant called De Prinsenkelder. You can have a light snack, a sandwich or some pasta here, and of course a n ice cup of coffee or tea.

Favorite Dish: I loved the Kwarktaar, which is a lot like cheesecake.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

KOBUS KUCH: NEAR THE BEESTENMARKT

by LoriPori Written Sep 17, 2005

After walking around the charming centrum of Delft, Hans, Vincent and I decided we would stop at the Beestenmarkt where the KOBUS KUCH was located and have ourselves a coffee. I told Vincent that they had THE best appeltaart I have ever tasted, so that's what we did. Not only did we have appeltaart, but we also added slag ( cream ). Naughty, but oh sooooo good.

Vince at the Kobus Kuch

• nsurati's Profile Photo

De Kurk: Gorgeous Food

by nsurati Updated Jul 6, 2008

De Kurk is in Kromstraat and the moment you enter this street you know that it is major student hangout. There are a couple of bars in this street and De Kurk looks like any regular bar when you enter. But dont be fooled by outer appearance people, because right next to the bar is a beautiful restaurant inside a glasshouse. So even when its raining you can still get your fill of eating outside.

Favorite Dish: The menu for vegetarians like me was quite limited. 2 starters and 1 maincourse, but the food was great. I digged into the salad my colleague ordered and it was yummy. For the maincourse I had spinach quiche with a gorgeous, slightly creamy sauce on the side and those amazing potato cakes these dutch make. The dessert menu was also interesting although I went for dutch strawberries with white chocolate mousse. The mousse was very well made, nice and light and just the right touch of sweetness.

• IceBear7's Profile Photo

Kleywegs Stads Koffy Huis: Great taste, great ideas

by IceBear7 Written Apr 13, 2004

Right from the start, I loved this place! It looks so old and traditional from the outside, just what the tourist is looking for. Inside it looks like a museum, with stuff from long time ago everywhere. The place is full of people, locals, all ages, people alone with their newspapers, couples, families.
    Are they coming because of the pancake lottery? You get a ticket with a number with your pancake - if it ends in 00, you don't have to pay.
    Are they coming because of the words of wisdom they get with their "Delftse Leut", a special coffee - you can read some words of wisdom on their webpage as well, and you can send in some of your wise words!

Favorite Dish: Pancake with cheese and pineapple.

• dila's Profile Photo

De Nonnerie: coffee and lunchhouse

by dila Updated Jan 4, 2004

it in a old kind of cellar with i think the name is arches.
    open
    tuesday-friday 10.30 - 1700
    sat+sunday 11.30 - 17.00

Favorite Dish: we had some drinks here.
    josé had a brie (kind of french cheese) and chorizo toast.

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Le Vieux Jean: Le Vieux Jean

by ATLC Written Jun 1, 2003

Somehow I always ended up in the same restaurant in Delft on the Voldersgracht. And it doesn't exist anymore. I am still trying to remember its name but I vividly remember the very good and simple Italian food, the owner breaking out in opera singing at the end of the evening, especially when I offered him a cigar, glasses of grappa and great atmosphere.

The choice here for Vieux Jean is completely arbitrary as I only know it to be mentioned often in culinary magazines.
    And I happened to walk past and make a snapshot.
    A 3 course menu amounts to € 40,50 per person.

Favorite Dish: A list of restaurants can be found on:

www.delft.nl/sites/portals/delft/bezoekers/etendrinken.html (in the right hand box)

DELFT LE VIEUX JEAN

• ATLC's Profile Photo

List of restaurants

by ATLC Updated Jun 1, 2003

In general the restaurants and open air terraces on Markt square are great for tourists, families with children and those wanting to taste Dutch specialities such as pancakes, fritters (poffertjes) and simple pub food.
    A bit more stylish are the cafe's and street terraces directly behind the Town Hall and in front of the Waag (which is a restaurant itself).
    And then there are countless restaurants along the canals.

Favorite Dish: See the list of restaurants below.

DELFT MARKT SQUARE TERRACES

• Mique's Profile Photo

De Nonnerie: Hidden treasures

by Mique Written Feb 3, 2004

When you're at the Nonnerie and you have to go to the toilet.. be in for a suprise. You'll have to cross the inner court to get there. In summer this inner court is a terrass but in winter you're not prepared for this. So i actually went twice since i didn't bring my camera the first time...

Th einner court of the Prinsenhof

• RoyJava's Profile Photo

Het Wapen Van Delft: POFFERTJES

by RoyJava Updated Dec 28, 2006

Just try the famous (oud-hollands) old-Dutch "poffertjes" which you can find in Holland all around in the "Poffertjes-houses". Some beautify the streetscape in special booths where "poffertjes" are sold and really are look-alikes of the Hansel & Gretel house out of the Brothers Grimm fairytales. But this "Poffertjes-house" got famous because of one specificly important VIP, that is Mister President Bill Clinton!

People working here are so busy they didnot look surprised when Mister President walked in for some "poffertjes". Still a photograph of him decorates the place and a special tile got created to let the people know Mr. President of the USA was here ...

Favorite Dish: "Poffertjes" is the name for a delicacy which are buttered and sugared tiny little pancakes. In this market stall you can get more typically Dutch food, like thick pea-soup and bean-soup, bread and sausages and "poffertjes".

poffertjes-house-delft
    • Hiking and Walking

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

De Ruif: Great Eetcafé

by pieter_jan_v Updated Feb 12, 2008

De Ruif is a cazy bar where you can enjoy a great meal at low cost.
    Housed in a centuries old building next to one of the old canals it's a great setting just North of the Market.

Great place to just have a drink, talk or enjoy a lunch or dinner.

Favorite Dish: Starter: Uibui (French onion soup)

Main course: The day's special; in my case Varkenshaas met spek

Dessert: Schroeischade (Crème brûlée, melon & Ice)

De Ruif - Delft Want to play a game? Ask the bartender!
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Delft

Comments

Delft Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Delft restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Delft sightseeing.