Stores, Malls or Markets in Delft

Most Viewed Shopping in Delft

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

Speldorado: Board Games Eldorado

by King_Golo Updated Jan 20, 2015

If you are a board game geek like me and happen to be in Delft, why not pay a visit to the city's biggest and surprisingly well equipped "spelletjeswinkel" (games shop) Speldorado? In a central location, this shop seems to stock pretty much all the board games that are en vogue at the moment, ranging from card games to strategic games, from children's games to party games, as well as a few rarities that you won't find often in a regular games shop (although perhaps in Magische Welten in Husum). While the front part of the shop is dedicated to toys, the games can be found in the somewhat dusty back part. However, you'll forget about the dust as soon as you start rummaging in the shelves. We ended up buying two new games, both of which were slightly less expensive than usual.

What to buy: Board games, card games, party games, family games, children's games... you name it!

What to pay: about average with the odd special offer

The Footwear Company: Shoes great for feet

by ATLC Updated Sep 21, 2010

Quite by chance I came across this shop. They have a webshop called onlybrands.nl and I had ordered some FitFlops there. When they were delivered to my home, they turned out to be too small. Instead of sending them back, I decided to visit the store and try them on there.

Well, the end of story is that the sandals I'd originally ordered are now in backorder. And I bought an additional pair of boots (see below).

I must note that I was helped excellently by staff there. They really have a good cooperation between their shop and their webshop. Pleasant shopping here!

What to buy: I bought some wonderful short cognac coloured FitFlop boots.

What to pay: Fitflops are expensive. The boots were 159.95 euro. The sandals were 99,95 euro.

• Luxury Travel
    • Hiking and Walking

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Verkade & Jacques: Delicatessen!

by ATLC Written Sep 21, 2010

A shop full of luscious delicacies: cheeses, sausages, hams, wines, nougat, nuts, you name it!
    You can chain me, you can hold me back, but I must buy something!

Tomorrow I will sit myself on the couch with my Soumaintrain, all goey and soft and smelly and slowly relish it.

What to buy: I bought a pepper salami of wild boar, 250 grams at 10 euro
    Then a piece of mousse de canard at, 100 grams at 2 euro
    and a piece of Soumaintrain, stinky Burgundian cheese, 100 grams at 3 euro.

What to pay: Err, you'll spend more than you want. But it's worth it.

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

STROOPWAFEL VENDOR: STROOPWAFELS

by LoriPori Updated Jun 19, 2008

Another Dutch treat is the STROOPWAFEL, or Syrup Waffle, which are thin Dutch waffles with a caramel-like syrup filling. They were first made in Gouda during the 18th or 19th century. Many versions are sold in the street markets as a delicious snack. Hans loves them and we always go home with packets of stroopwafels.

What to pay: the vendor was selling packets of ten small stroopwafels for 2 Euros.

Stroopwafel Vendor

DE VISBANKEN ( Anno 1342 ): DELFT'S OLDEST FISH MARKET

by LoriPori Updated Jun 19, 2008

For many centuries, all trade was concentrated arount the Market ( Markt ), including the fish trade. Fishermen from Delfshaven sold their fish on the Kaakbrug, between Cameretten and Wijnhaven. Since the middle ages, DE VISBANKEN (The Fish Market ), was next to the Vleeshal, where sea fish was traded and is still there today.
    Herring, which is a popular fish with the Dutch is available here. When we were here the "Hollandse Niewe" herring was available. This is a delicacy that Hans loves and traditionally must be eaten with your head tilted back, the herring held above your mouth and then slowly lowered into your mouth and voila!
    One of my favourites is the fried pieces of fish with a huge dollop of tartar sauce. MMM! lekker!

De Visbanken Anno 1342

HEMA: POPULAR DUTCH DEPARTMENT STORE

by LoriPori Written Jun 19, 2008

I absolutely love the HEMA department store. The popular store has so many things to offer. It's where I always buy my scrapbooks ( Plakboek). I buy the ones with 80 pages of pure white, high quality paper and at Euro 2,95 is excellent value. This time I bought four and I will probably run out in no time.
    They also offer a deli section with cheeses, sausages ( try the Hema wurst ),
    They have a fabulous stationary section, tool section, clothes, dishes, toys, etc.

The

• nsurati's Profile Photo

De Lelie Chocolaterie: Chocolates!!

by nsurati Updated Apr 24, 2008

Since the time I saw the movie Chocolat, I have been dreaming of visiting a shop like the one owned by the protagonist in the movie and wondering if such shops do exist in the world. Chocolates are my passion. Nothing brings me more happiness then indulging in the most exquisite of sins!. Well, my dream came true when I visited this cute shop during my recent visit to Delft. Its a beautiful shop with absolutely tempting chocolates displayed in an equally tempting manner. The old lady at the shop was kind enough to explain her entire collection to me in English. I realised that they sort of specialised in chocolates made from or filled with liquers. The shop has a beautiful warmth about it and I was drawn to it everytime I saw it.

What to buy: I thought the entire collection was unique and I would have bought a piece of each version if I had enough money on me. However, I bought their dark chocolate bar with nuts and a single truffle of apple and cinnamon. Both were to die for. The lady handed me a very pretty paper bag to carry my chocolates. They also have chocolate making workshops!

The good thing is that they also have a website and it seems to me that you can order from their website as well. The website is in dutch so it will take me sometime to figure it out completely :)

What to pay: The bar cost me about 4.5 euros.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Holland Handicrafts: Craft shop

by Martin_S. Written Dec 12, 2006

This small shop has quite an assortment of local crafts that are fine for gifts.

What to buy: We also found here some older items (not antiques, they were only 50-100 years old) from the Delft Blue Porcelin line, but the prices were just a little too "rich" for our budget.

What to pay: Per your budget, they have a whole range of items

Holland Handicrafts, Delft, Holland

• hat53's Profile Photo

Hypolitusbuurt: Antiques

by hat53 Updated Aug 29, 2005

When the temperature rise and the weather is good enough you can visit the antiques market. Every Saturday on the Voldersgracht and the Hypolitusbuurt people are selling antiques, use stuff and kitsch.

What to buy: All different kinds of old stuff is sold. Clocks, pottery, silver ware, books etc. You always hope to find something special like a forgotten painting from Vermeer or some cheap art nouveau photo frames. You will always find something you like but don't need.

What to pay: Be aware of imitation or "new antiques".

Looking for a bargain
    • Festivals

• hat53's Profile Photo

Dutch Delight: Real souvernirs

by hat53 Written Apr 15, 2005

One of the famous souvenir shops you will find everywhere in the world. They have all the thing a touris needs.

What to buy: Pottery
    stamps
    fridge magnets
    wooden tulips
    key rings

What to pay: You will allways pay to much, but what the heck.

Fun shopping
    • Seniors

Delft, the other shopping town: Shopping in between Rotterdam and The Hague

by Pavlik_NL Updated Apr 13, 2005

In between the large shopping towns The Hague and Rotterdam one would easily think that Delft is the underdog. In some sense it is, but still it holds it's own reputation of cosy compact fun shopping town, not only counting on it's own population for business. Besides this, the Friday market in Delft is something you won't find in the larger towns. It's something with great tradition and a wonderful experience.

Brabantse Turfmarkt is one of the shoppingstreets

Delft Souvenir Gift Shop: The usual souvenirs from Holland

by Pavlik_NL Updated Apr 13, 2005

On the Markt (Market Square) there are several tourist souvenior shops that offer all kind of little items related to the Netherlands. From postcards to tulip bulbs and from little Delf Blue windmills 'til wooden shoes (klompen).

What to buy: Whatever you like most, as long as you are happy with your little souvenir from Holland.

From wooden shoes 'til Delf Blue windmills

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Verkade & Jacques Kaas Wijn en Delicatessen: Buy Edammer, Gouda or Old Amsterdam in Delft

by Pavlik_NL Updated Apr 13, 2005

Cheese ... almost synonimous with Holland and yet coming in such a wide variety. Like in other countries one has a butcher, a backer, a veggie- or diary-man, in the Netherlands we have our cheese shops. Here you can buy an enormous wide variation in cheeses from the Netherlands (of course) but also from other European regions.

What to buy: Goud, Edammer, Leerdammer, Maasdammer, Old Amsterdam in differnt ages, such as Jong (Young), Belegen (Aged) and Oud (Old).

Your address for Dutch cheese

Bakery van Leeuwen: Bakery van Leeuwen

by ATLC Written Jun 1, 2003

This is an old shop front that is called "In den beslagen bijbel". This used to be a bookseller/printing company in the 17th century. The shop front that you see now is from 1880 for the bakery that is still in there today.

What to buy: In this shop you'll find typical Dutch sweet delicacies like Stroopwafels (see my Gouda page for more info on that) and all sorts of sweet souvenirs in the Delft Blue theme.

DELFT BAKERY SHOP

Antique shop: Another shop front

by ATLC Written May 31, 2003

This is Markt no. 2 next to the previously described photostudio.
    The wooden shopfront is partly 1600 and restored in 1965. This shop front is on the front of the brochure Shopfronts Walk.
    Inside (and outside) it is an antique shop.

DELFT SHOP FRONT

Delft Hotels

• Hotel de Emauspoort

It is a unusual hotel with a location in the middle of the town, and it has a very nice accomadation...

• WestCord Hotel Delft

Conveniet to find, as it is situated next to the motorway/highway and IKEA. Do go and search the...

• Bridges House Hotel

Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Hotel de Plataan Delft
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Delft

Comments

Delft Shopping

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Delft locals.
Map of Delft