Katwijk aan Zee Restaurants

view from the window
    by JohnnySpangles

Most Recent Restaurants in Katwijk aan Zee

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Hotel Noordzee Restaurant: Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

by rsilva Updated Sep 10, 2005

Picture from the website

It was getting late and we decided to try this restaurant as we were tired and just wanted to sit down and eat.

As soon as we arrived, we were greeted in German... I know there are many Germans here, but why don't ask first?

We ordered pizzas and they were not good at all. It was not properly cooked and the dough was still raw and, as unfortunately is common outside Italy, the cheese was of poor quality.

The service was friendly although we kept being addressed in German every time we spoke to the waitress. I remember ordering a drink that never came, so I had to ask for it again 10 minutes later, but I guess that can happen.

In any case, the quality of the food did not convince me at all. Prices were quite high for every main course apart from the pizza (8-10 Eur).

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Zee en Zon: Very nice beach restaurant

by rsilva Written Sep 10, 2005

Picture from the website

Katwijk is known for its beaches and for this there are also several restaurants on and around the beach.
    Most restaurant are quite expensive (15-20 Eur for a main course), but I saw the menu for this one and prices seemed quite reasonable (10-15 Eur for a main), so we decided to give it a try. I'm glad we did.
    The service was very good, we had several waitresses/waiters during the evening and they were all very effective and friendly.
    I had a quite nice steak, simple with some pepper on it and I was quite impressed. My girlfriend had the mussels and was also very satisfied.

Overall, I liked it as it was not the typical beach-restaurant (expensive, bad service, etc.), the food was good as was the service and it was reasonably priced (about 35 Eur for 2 main courses an icecream and drinks). I will definetly come here again.

It is open every day from 08.00 to 22.00 (mid-March until mid-September).

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Brittenburg: Brittenburg seafood restaurant

by ATLC Written Jul 23, 2003

Ate the 3 course menu of € 33 per person, a little extra added as I took the wild Zeeland oysters instead of the suggested first course, one soft drink each, free iced water and coffee with chocolates to finish. Totalled € 82,90 (euro).

Favorite Dish: Crispy grilled tarbo with risotto and a mustard/balsamico sauce.
    Half a dozen oysters to start, or smoked Norwegian salmon.
    Vanilla icecream with red summer fruit for dessert.

• nighthawk's Profile Photo

Zeepaviljoen: Nice & relaxing

by nighthawk Written Aug 8, 2006

Zeepaviljoen

It s but a small business but that adds to the personal service one gets here.
    They serve some pretty good food too!

Favorite Dish: I sure liked the dessert buffet! my! I did overeat!

• catnl's Profile Photo

Zeepaviljoen: Zeepaviljoen

by catnl Written Aug 19, 2005

Route to the Paviljoen

right at the beach at the Boulevard.

not expensive nice lunches and dinners ,
    have a look at their website for the menu, dutch language..

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Katwijk aan Zee

Comments

Katwijk aan Zee Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Katwijk aan Zee restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Katwijk aan Zee sightseeing.

View all Katwijk aan Zee hotels