Katwijk aan Zee Travel Guide

Katwijk aan Zee
    by pieter_jan_v

Katwijk aan Zee Things to Do

• KNRM exercises

Katwijk has one of many Dutch Sea Search and Rescue stations. Volenteers man the rescue boats, which is launched within 15 minutes of an alarm.The station has open days and demonstrations. Also the weekly practice exercises are great to watch.The boat house is open at:Mo: from 7:30PMSa: From 9AM

• Katwijks Museum

The Katwijks Museum displays the village history in pictures, paintaings, costumes, ship models, fishery artefacts and displays of former businesses like rope- and sail works.Furthermore here are temporary exhibitions of a special theme or collection.Admission: € 6.00 (adult); additional € 2.50 during special exhibitions.Hours:Mo: ClosedTu-Sa: 10AM...

• Boattrip through Katwijk

Starting at the harbour one can take a boattrip, or at the beach u can surf, waterskiing and parasailingdo oceansailing, bananaboot sailing, or with children u can collect seashells.

Katwijk aan Zee Hotels

Katwijk aan Zee Restaurants

• Nice & relaxing

It s but a small business but that adds to the personal service one gets here.They serve some pretty good food too! I sure liked the dessert buffet! my! I did overeat!

• Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

It was getting late and we decided to try this restaurant as we were tired and just wanted to sit down and eat.As soon as we arrived, we were greeted in German... I know there are many Germans here, but why don't ask first? We ordered pizzas and they were not good at all. It was not properly cooked and the dough was still raw and, as unfortunately...

• Very nice beach restaurant

Katwijk is known for its beaches and for this there are also several restaurants on and around the beach.Most restaurant are quite expensive (15-20 Eur for a main course), but I saw the menu for this one and prices seemed quite reasonable (10-15 Eur for a main), so we decided to give it a try. I'm glad we did.The service was very good, we had...

Katwijk aan Zee Warnings and Dangers

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    Car with warnings

by nighthawk Written Aug 8, 2006

We got caught in traffic jam... Scheveningen of course, what made us think we could just drive through?? Always a traffic jam on a Sunday!

Text on this car:
    Lost your cat ? Try looking under my tire.
    Horn broken. Watch for finger.

Mmm, I ve read nicer words ;)

Katwijk aan Zee Sports & Outdoors

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Many ways to go with your bicycle 1 more image

by pieter_jan_v Written May 5, 2013

Being at the Northsea coast Katwijk is one of many beautiful locations on the LF1 route, the Dutch National cycling path along the Northsea coast.

Furthermore Katwijk is also part of the extensive cycling paths throught the Dutch tulip fileds Bollenstreek route); especial recommended to explore in Spring when the flowers are blossoming.

Equipment: Bicycle

• Cycling
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Katwijk aan Zee

Comments

Explore Deeper into Katwijk aan Zee
Map of Katwijk aan Zee