Places to eat in Rotterdam

• Hotel New York
    by windoweb
    The fast food of McDonalds in Rotterdam.
    by Jerelis
    Deliclassics March 2009
    by ATLC

Most Viewed Restaurants in Rotterdam

Betty Beer: Good fast food

by bonio Written Aug 24, 2011

Beer in the name is sure to attract me but, here in the Netherlands that is "bear" so Betty Bear!
    Anyway, a busy evening and late out into town and spotted a table outside here, fast and friendly service and with no expectations of a great meal but, everything was pretty good, a tasty and large schnitzel for me and a very presentable veggie burger for Mrs B, both with tasty salad and dips.
    Maybe part of a chain?
    No problems, enjoyed our meal here.

Stadsbrouwerij Pelgrim: Brewpub

by bonio Written Aug 16, 2011

Always happy to search out a brewpub, this one in Delfshaven, a short tram ride out of town and in a lovely setting next to a canal.
    Food and beer both excellent, enjoyed a bier pate myself with an English type ale, let you into a secret here, probably better than many an English ale i've tried recently.
    If you're in Rotterdam this has to be worth a visit.

Papaya: Indonesian

by bonio Updated Aug 15, 2011

Mrs B promised herself a rijsttafel on this visit to the Netherlands and had spotted this restaurant before we left home.
    On arrival we spotted the huge portions and both opted to choose something a little smaller, vegetarisch schotel for herself and a sate schotel for me, both we very tasty and still a battle to finish them though to our credit we managed!
    Excellent food, comfy and friendly restaurant and incredibly good value, enjoyed our evening here.

• catnl's Profile Photo

Brasserie Balance: Brasserie Balance

by catnl Updated Apr 4, 2011

This Brasserie islocated at the "Woonmall*, Alexandrium II, coming from the parking you enter the mall and walk maybe 200mtr. right in the middle.
    Nice staff, great sanwiches and good coffee and beer.

Favorite Dish: Italiaanse Bol and Hamburger special with bread

Alexandrium II WoonMall
    • Beer Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Wok Express: Cheap, Fast And Tasty

by johngayton Updated Nov 9, 2010

I'm a great fan of these wok places with their simple 1-2-3 formulaic menu systems. Provided the place is busy enough everything will be fresh and if organised enough fast too. Wok Express was both and was ideal for the purpose of soaking up the afternoon's beers consumed whilst watching the football at the classic little brown bar, Cafe Visser on Oude Binnenweg.

The formula here is: 1 - Choose your meat, 2 - Choose your sauce and 3 - Choose between noodles, white rice or fried rice. Pay your money, get your ticket and the meal is cooked fresh to order and delivered either to your table or to the takeaway counter.

Service I found friendly from both behind the counter and on delivery and my lack of Dutch language skills no barrier. Decor is a bit plasticky but the dining area had a pleasant local buzz and at 5.50 Euros for a filling chicken noodle stir-fry with a nutty Kong Po sauce left no room for complaints.

Frontage Serving Guys Local Colour My Chicken Stir-fry

• Rosey-K's Profile Photo

Chinees Restaurant De Lange Muur: chinese food

by Rosey-K Updated Jun 16, 2010

A medium size chinese restaurant that serves dim sum and other chinese delicacies.

The waiters are eficient and if you do not know what you want to order, just ask them to explain to you.

Favorite Dish: A selection of dim sum, like wor tip, steam prawn cheong fun, ha kau, siu mai etc.

I like their special kruiden oven baked chicken, it is very crispy.

Also like their babi pangang, fresh and just right and crunchy on the skin.

Roasted babi pangang (pork). Steam cheong fun with cha siew. Fried rice sticks (hor fun) with seafood.
    • School Holidays

• darkjedi's Profile Photo

Euromast Brasserie: Higher eating

by darkjedi Written Sep 8, 2009

At the top of the Euromast at a height of 96m is the Brasserie. We had a meal there when visiting about 11am and managed to get a table straight away although the place did seem quite crowded.

There seemed to be loads of staff bussling about but no one seemed to be doing anything but chatting so it took quite a while for us to be served, and when we were it was by someone who didn't really speak english at all well. Luckily the view is magnificent so you don't really notice the slow service, perhaps it only gets like that when they are busy.

When the food arrived.. after another long wait it was lovely, although we would consider the portions rather small. Make sure you order a couple of side orders or you'll be having a pizza later on the way home lol.

Favorite Dish: Smoked salmon and veal gravy, cooked to perfection and bursting with flavour.

Inside the brasserie Inside the brasserie (again) The restaurant from the ground The view from our window table

• Rosey-K's Profile Photo

SUMO Japanese Restaurant: Just an average Japanese restaurant

by Rosey-K Written Jul 29, 2008

Ambience of this restaurant is pretty but their food is just average. We paid euro16.50 per person for their buffet lunch but most of their food apart from sushi were served with terriyaki sauce, so it made most of the food taste the same.

Their prawn tempura and grilled squid were't fresh at all. The fried fish balls were too rubbery to chew. The terriyaki chicken wasn't tender at all.

We are told that we are not allowed to have our pot of japanese green tea to be re-filled, instead we have to order new drinks.

Favorite Dish: Sorry, there aren't any fav. dishes for any of us, as we all aren't satisfied with their buffet lunch at all.

We won't go back for more, this is for sure.

The table at Sumo Restaurant

• Charlie_07's Profile Photo

Various: Various

by Charlie_07 Written Jul 2, 2007

There are many good restaurants in Rotterdam:

Sakura (inside Goldin Tulip Hotel in city centre) - excellent Japanese, authentic, great service, good pricses outstanding food.

Hotel New York (Kop van Zuid) nice hotel, excellent food, they used to do a Sunday Brunch very nice.

Bazaar ( Witte de With Straat) Excellent arabic food. Cheap, cozy, great food.

Parkheuvel - only Michelin starred Restaurant in Rotterdam - very Kitch, but great food.

• didgeridorien's Profile Photo

The Gallery: Movie posters

by didgeridorien Written Sep 28, 2006

This is a place I went to a lot with my friends to have a drink and play 8-ball, but the food is very nice to. After you've had dinner you can stick around, because it's a bar-restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Can't remember what I had there, but most of it is grill, so it's pretty good.

• chess_machine's Profile Photo

Bazaar: Hype Maghreb cuisine restaurant

by chess_machine Written Dec 31, 2005

Had two experience with Bazaar. First, we were a few friends and just wanted to take a cup of coffee in the middle of the afternoon. The staff completely ignored us during 5 minutes then told us very rudely that they you could only go to their (tiny) bar to have a drink. So I was thinking: they are a bunch of **** (not very nice people)...

Anyway, since it had a good reputation, we finally tried to go there another time to eat. Well, the food was good. Nice Maghreb atmosphere. Definitely a good place if you enjoy Maghreb and Middle Eastern food!

• pakistanibrain's Profile Photo

Bazar: Wonderful halal food in Rotterdam

by pakistanibrain Written Dec 14, 2005

This was a really good and nice restaurant, that offers Halal food. The food was kind of Middle Eastern and really, really tasty.

It was quite expensive, but worth every penny. Unfortunately I can't remember which area of Rotterdam it lies in, because I was taken there by car.

Favorite Dish: Pepper steak

• stiab3's Profile Photo

Sorgh & Hoop: Dutch Colonial style

by stiab3 Written Jun 6, 2005

One of the best restaurants I've been to in a while. I was quite impressed with the food, although the service seemed a bit slow.

The atmosphere was lively. And after dinner we caught the end of a salsa class in the dance area downstairs. Then we stayed on dancing the night away to latin music.

They do great cocktails here. I was working my way through the list.
    They also do tapas but I didn't try these.

Favorite Dish: I had the Hindoestani preti which consisted of curried chicken, beef, pork, and potatoes a bit of dahl on the side, a nice salad and rice.

I loved it. I'm sure other things on the menu are equally tasty.

Considering that I can't read dutch and was picking at random, I di quite well and was very pleased.

Sorgenhoop

• asianbelle's Profile Photo

Cafe Rotterdam: Dinner of wine and cheese

by asianbelle Updated Dec 9, 2004

I read Cafe Rotterdam's name in one travel book that's why I didn't hesitate when asked where I want to have my farewell dinner in Netherlands. And, I was not disappointed.

The restaurant is frequented by the yuppies, real cool. Our table was at the second floor, and although not next to a window, my host made sure that my seat faces the window. What's the big deal? Well, I had a good view of Erasmus Bridge.

Favorite Dish: Being a cheese freak, I really enjoyed my dessert of Cheese Platter. Around 5 kinds of cheese were served, but sorry, I enjoyed it too much to have bothered asking for their names.

Cheese Platter and Wine Bottle

• OlafS's Profile Photo

Surinamese food: This is not a restaurant tip

by OlafS Updated Oct 15, 2004

This is not a restaurant tip, but it is about food. Rotterdam has a large Surinamese community, and this means there are a lot of Surinamese restaurants and take-outs. You can find those in many other places in The Netherlands also, but in Rotterdam they seem to be everywhere. Here's your chance to try some of the best food in the world (my opninion of course). Surinamese food is nothing fancy, it is just good basic food. And I love it! Try roti-chicken for instance, my favourite.

Rotterdam Hotels

Stayokay Rotterdam
Latest: May 24, 2014
Rotterdam Hilton

Instant Answers: Rotterdam

Comments

Rotterdam Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Rotterdam locals.
Map of Rotterdam