Know about this? Rate It!
Yearly Rotterdam Marathon
The Rotterdam Marathon is the largest one day sporting event in the Netherlands. It takes place at the same day as the London marathon. The big pro about the Rotterdam marathon for us dutch people is that we don't have to cross the canal.
The first marathon was in 1981, it had about 200 participants at that time nowadays there are about 10.000 participants which are cheered on by the many people along side the trail.
Equipment: Well, some nice running shoes, clothing must be choosen as late as possible because historically the weather has been quite different from year to year.
Picture taken april 4, 2004
- School Holidays
On Sunday 13th April you will find much of the Rotterdam center closed because of a major yearly event: The Rotterdam Marathon.
This marathon counts as an important event for worldwide marathons as often records are broken here. That's because the track is almost flat and thus very fast.
Equipment: Come and watch or participate. The website has all details.
(picture from website)
- Road Trip
- Adventure Travel
Marathon of Rotterdam
The Marathon of Rotterdam is a yearly happening. It is organised in April and is one of the fastest circuits in the world. Every year top athletes join the Marathon.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Rotterdam Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Mustang Ranch Hotels
- Castellammare di Stabia
- Praia de Mira
- Edisto Island Hotels
- Vaimoso Hotels
- Caleruega Hotels
- Natural Bridge
- Pattaya Sports & Outdoors
- Kotor Sports & Outdoors
- Waterton Lakes National Park Sports & Outdoors
- Santiago Sports & Outdoors
- Yekaterinburg Sports & Outdoors
- Ubud Sports & Outdoors
- Luton Sports & Outdoors
- Lombok Sports & Outdoors
- Zakopane Sports & Outdoors
- Wimbledon Sports & Outdoors
- Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Sports & Outdoors