The Hague Restaurants

Cafe counter

Most Recent Restaurants in The Hague

Jaipur of India: Tandoori Indian Restaurant

by Rosey-K Written Jul 7, 2015

Restaurant is alright, rather quiet on Friday night.

Saw only one table of 6 customers at one corner.

Interior is moderately decorated.

Service was ok.

Food portion weren't that big, and the tikka masala sauce was over sweatened, and the same went for 2 mango lassi (Indian mango yoghurt drink).

Ended up feeling uncomfortable after the dinner due to the over powering sweatened sauce and yoghurt drink.

The Menu Mango Lasi Chicken tikka masala and naan Tandoori chicken The interior of the restaurant.

Shibuya: Newly opened - All You Can Eat Japanese

by Rosey-K Updated Jun 25, 2015

Brand new restaurant as expected.
    The interior of this 6 months newly opened is oriental like and quite spacious.

If you prefer to sit outside with the Sunny bright weather, there are some tables outside the entrance of this restaurant.

When we're having lunch there, was disappointed that the waiters are totally forgotten about us waiting to be served. I ended up walking with our very first order menu in my hand and have to hand it over directly to the 2 chefs in charged.

Service for lunch was really slow and apparently, only 3 tables were occupied, which included us.

Portion of fried dishes are smaller than other all you can eat Japanese restaurant in The Hague.

Food served either salty or? We ended up feeling super thirsty after having our lunch there.

Favorite Dish: It is an All you can Eat concept restaurant for lunch and dinner.

The entrance interior of the restaurant. Interiod of the restaurant where we sat. Our first round of our lunch.

Istana Restaurant: Have a taste of Indonesian Food

by Rosey-K Updated Jun 9, 2015

Went there last Saturday to have dinner with my friends from Limburgs.

Restaurant was quite pack with diners, so I have called to make a reservation for 4 on 6th June 2015.

Service was fast and friendly.

They have renew their interior paint, so it looked a bit brightened up.

Overall, it is still a small and narrow restaurant. Since they are famous for their grilled satay, my friends ordered satay menu for one person. The rest opted for ala-carte.

It was alright, except the calamari satay was chewy and hard. We ended our dinner with a plate of Rojak Manis, but was very disappointed with its small portion and almost tasteless bought sauce.

Tjendol drink, so far is the best.

Soto Ajam, just so-so in taste wise, not as top as other diners rated it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was alright.

Waiter and waitress are friendly.

A not too noisy restaurant when dining at night.

Favorite Dish: Iced Cendol, a sweet palm sugar and coconut milk drink.

Nasi goreng Djawa.

Tjendol One person Satay Istana menu Soto Ajam Rojak Manis
    • Seniors

The Thai Box: Thai cuisine

by Rosey-K Updated Jun 9, 2015

Notice: Sorry to announce that this restaurant also closed for business.

This restaurant was previously occupied by Dim Daily which was closed since last year.

The interior deco has been changed a bit to match the Thai style.

Waitress is friendly and fast.

The main course, Kaeng Kari Kai (chicken curry) and Pad Thai Kai (fried noodles) were so-so only.

A bit disappointed as we thought it says 'Eat in or take out, come and Judge" slogan didn't serve the purpose.

Favorite Dish: The starter which we order, chicken satay was good and tasty.

The price for our lunch for 2 persons is a bit pricey.

• Rosey-K's Profile Photo

Sticky Rice: Asian cuisine - Indonesian, Msian and Thai?

by Rosey-K Written Jun 9, 2015

A modern and asian like decorated restaurant, good to grab a fast meal for a quick lunch.

Favorite Dish: Quite a wide choice of Indonesian meal to choose from.

If you can't make up your mind, just go for a complete menu available.

Or, if you don't fancy Indonesian food, then go for Malaysian menu or Thai Bangkok menu.

Don't forget 'tjendol' drink.

The asian deli. Choices of little dishes and rice. Menu - Ajam Pangang Padang
    • Work Abroad

The Penthouse - Sky Bar: A high level snack and drink

by gordonilla Written Feb 16, 2015

I had planned to visit the Hague Tower, and finally managed to do it. It was a good decision. There is an entrance fee of 6€ and this gives admission and a free drink from the bar menu, includes cocktails too.

The views are quite good, however there are several terraces and they open dependent on weather.

Favorite Dish: I had chicken bites and bitterballen from the snack menu. They were both excellent choices.

View (1) View (2) Interior Chicken Bites Bitterballen

La Lanterna: An Italian by Italians

by gordonilla Written Feb 16, 2015

I had been at the second day of my conference and then started to walk around the central area. It was a welcome break and it was comfortable and warm.

The staff are Italian and they provide good service. It also has a good atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: For my dinner, I opted for:

Onion Soup

Scallopina alla Milanese

Vegetables

Pana Cotta Semi Fredo

I enjoyed this meal very much.

Exterior Interior Onion Soup Scallopina alla Milanese Pana Cotta Semi Fredo

De Luca: A steak dinner

by gordonilla Written Feb 16, 2015

I made a visit to De Luca after the first day of the conference I was attending. They are located in the central location of Passage. The staff were good and the service fast.

There were many people in the restaurant and they all seemed to be happy with the food and venue.

Favorite Dish: wonderful steak

Signage Exterior Interior my steak dinner close up of my dinner

Popocatepetl: Mexican in Den Haag

by gordonilla Written Feb 16, 2015

I still felt the need for a chicken fajita, so I opted to go to Popocatepetl. The service was good as was the atmosphere. They have a good menu.

The staff were professional and the food arrived quite quickly.

Favorite Dish: They bring tortilla chips and a dip to start, and my choice of chicken fajita was good. However, in many restaurants the dips come separately, however here it is all in one bowl!

Interior (1) Interior (2) Interior (3) Tortilla Chips Chicken Faijita

Dudok: Cafe Brasserie in Den Haag

by gordonilla Written Feb 16, 2015

This was an excellent find; and it was almost next door to my hotel, the Novotel. It had very professional staff, the menu was excellent, the service good and the menu quite extensive. As it happens I just had coffee and cake; however I did visit it each day I was in the city.

Favorite Dish: Excellent apple tart with cinnamon ice cream and cream. The coffee was good too.

Exterior (night time) Interior (1) Interior (2) Apple Pie, Cinnamon Ice cream and cream Coffee and Lemon Chese Cake

Havana: A Cuban Dinner

by gordonilla Written Feb 16, 2015

I decided that I would like to have something a little warm for dinner. This restaurant was just around the corner from my hotel. It was not so busy, but I have to admit the service was not so great. My sizzling chicken fajita arrived rather flat and most clearly not sizzling.

It is centrally located, and does seem popular.

Favorite Dish: I had a fajita, and although not how I expected it was enjoyable.

Interior (1) Interior (2) Interior (3) Exterior (night time) Exterior (day time)

Du Passage: Coffee and Cakes

by gordonilla Written Feb 15, 2015

I had started my visit to The Hague with a great deal of walking. I felt in need of coffee and something sweet. Du Passage is a series of shops and other outlets.

The staff are young and professional. Good menu.

Favorite Dish: I had coffee, an apple tart and a hazelnut cream cake. All excellent!

Signage Exterior Interior (1) Interior (2) Coffee and Cakes

3Stones Kenyan Restaurant: Excellent Kenyan Food in The Hague

by longsanborn Written May 29, 2014

Went to try out this restaurant recently, because my friend and I wanted to try African food. Search on TripAdvisor and this restaurant came to be one of the best. I was quite skeptical about the place at first because I've had unpleasant past experience with African restaurants. However, 3stones Restaurant changed my mind immediately. The food (fusion of African and lots of Indian influences) was very delicious and the service was friendly and good. The staffs explained that the food will be prepared fresh and will take some time to be served. Yet I got my starter and appetizer within 10-15 minutes after ordering, so the wait was not bad. When the main meal finally arrived, we were very appreciative of the yummy dishes that was served to us. Overall, we had a pleasant time. The friendly staffs and free Wifi made up for the slightly long wait, but if you are not in a hurry, and when you have good company, the wait for the food is not too bad. Plus they have nice cocktails and mocktails for you to try. In addition, you are bring your own wines too; they will charge low corkage fee.

3stones restaurant waiting time was not too bad. I've been to other few African restaurants in the past where I only got my food 2 hours after ordering!! I would definite recommend this place to my friends and I will return there again.

Opening hours: Wed-Sat: 18:00 - 22:00 (kitchen open until 21:30)
    Sun: 18:00 - 21:30 (kitchen open until 21:00)
    Lunch - Wed-Fri: 11:30 - 14:30

Favorite Dish: We ordered the Big Five Set Menu, which comprised starter fruit drinks, Sambusa appetizer, main meal of 5 dishes (lamb, beef and chicken curries/stews and vegetables) with Chapati and Steam Rice, followed by desserts and coffee/tea. We had so much food, we had to pack away the leftovers.

SET Japanese Restaurant: Will add to my favorite Japanese place

by longsanborn Updated May 29, 2014

I've been in The Hague for over 2 years & I didn't know about this Japanese restaurant until a friend suggested to meet here. He said that this restaurant is authentically Japanese as possible - he's been to Japan for few weeks recently. Anyway I was impressed with the good selection in the menu. I especially like the Bento sets, sushi starters & noodles variations. The food was good & delicious. The service was good & the staffs friendly & attentive. The spacious restaurant is nicely decorated in Japanese style. I will go again to try the noodles & hot-pot (shabu shabu).

Favorite Dish: All kinds of Sushi and Sashimi, Tempura prawns, and Teriyaki chicken

Du Passage: Enjoyable Dinner in The Passage Shopping Mall

by longsanborn Written May 29, 2014

Very nice little restaurant in The Passage, a covered shopping street/mall with specialist shops and boutiques. I went there for dinner with Groupon voucher for 3-course meal. I ordered the asparagus cream soup, Mexican beef burger and creme brulee dessert. The soup was too creamy for me, but the beef burger and dessert were great. Tasted delicious and generous portions. The service was also very good and quick. I enjoyed my dinner, even though I was dining alone. The waitresses were really friendly and made my evening enjoyable. I sat in their outdoor dining area, and enjoyed watching people walked by, or shopping or looking at the shops in The Passage.
    Price was reasonable for the generous portions (although a bit on high side) but it is located in a prime location of The Hague. I will certainly return to Du Passage again to try their other dishes or just to relax with a drink to watch people go by.

Instant Answers: The Hague

Comments

The Hague Restaurants

Reviews and photos of The Hague restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for The Hague sightseeing.