The Hague Restaurants

Cafe counter

Most Recent Restaurants in The Hague

The Penthouse - Sky Bar: A high level snack and drink

by gordonilla Written Feb 16, 2015

I had planned to visit the Hague Tower, and finally managed to do it. It was a good decision. There is an entrance fee of 6€ and this gives admission and a free drink from the bar menu, includes cocktails too.

The views are quite good, however there are several terraces and they open dependent on weather.

Favorite Dish: I had chicken bites and bitterballen from the snack menu. They were both excellent choices.

View (1) View (2) Interior Chicken Bites Bitterballen

La Lanterna: An Italian by Italians

by gordonilla Written Feb 16, 2015

I had been at the second day of my conference and then started to walk around the central area. It was a welcome break and it was comfortable and warm.

The staff are Italian and they provide good service. It also has a good atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: For my dinner, I opted for:

Onion Soup

Scallopina alla Milanese

Vegetables

Pana Cotta Semi Fredo

I enjoyed this meal very much.

Exterior Interior Onion Soup Scallopina alla Milanese Pana Cotta Semi Fredo

De Luca: A steak dinner

by gordonilla Written Feb 16, 2015

I made a visit to De Luca after the first day of the conference I was attending. They are located in the central location of Passage. The staff were good and the service fast.

There were many people in the restaurant and they all seemed to be happy with the food and venue.

Favorite Dish: wonderful steak

Signage Exterior Interior my steak dinner close up of my dinner

Popocatepetl: Mexican in Den Haag

by gordonilla Written Feb 16, 2015

I still felt the need for a chicken fajita, so I opted to go to Popocatepetl. The service was good as was the atmosphere. They have a good menu.

The staff were professional and the food arrived quite quickly.

Favorite Dish: They bring tortilla chips and a dip to start, and my choice of chicken fajita was good. However, in many restaurants the dips come separately, however here it is all in one bowl!

Interior (1) Interior (2) Interior (3) Tortilla Chips Chicken Faijita

Dudok: Cafe Brasserie in Den Haag

by gordonilla Written Feb 16, 2015

This was an excellent find; and it was almost next door to my hotel, the Novotel. It had very professional staff, the menu was excellent, the service good and the menu quite extensive. As it happens I just had coffee and cake; however I did visit it each day I was in the city.

Favorite Dish: Excellent apple tart with cinnamon ice cream and cream. The coffee was good too.

Exterior (night time) Interior (1) Interior (2) Apple Pie, Cinnamon Ice cream and cream Coffee and Lemon Chese Cake

Havana: A Cuban Dinner

by gordonilla Written Feb 16, 2015

I decided that I would like to have something a little warm for dinner. This restaurant was just around the corner from my hotel. It was not so busy, but I have to admit the service was not so great. My sizzling chicken fajita arrived rather flat and most clearly not sizzling.

It is centrally located, and does seem popular.

Favorite Dish: I had a fajita, and although not how I expected it was enjoyable.

Interior (1) Interior (2) Interior (3) Exterior (night time) Exterior (day time)

Du Passage: Coffee and Cakes

by gordonilla Written Feb 15, 2015

I had started my visit to The Hague with a great deal of walking. I felt in need of coffee and something sweet. Du Passage is a series of shops and other outlets.

The staff are young and professional. Good menu.

Favorite Dish: I had coffee, an apple tart and a hazelnut cream cake. All excellent!

Signage Exterior Interior (1) Interior (2) Coffee and Cakes

3Stones Kenyan Restaurant: Excellent Kenyan Food in The Hague

by longsanborn Written May 29, 2014

Went to try out this restaurant recently, because my friend and I wanted to try African food. Search on TripAdvisor and this restaurant came to be one of the best. I was quite skeptical about the place at first because I've had unpleasant past experience with African restaurants. However, 3stones Restaurant changed my mind immediately. The food (fusion of African and lots of Indian influences) was very delicious and the service was friendly and good. The staffs explained that the food will be prepared fresh and will take some time to be served. Yet I got my starter and appetizer within 10-15 minutes after ordering, so the wait was not bad. When the main meal finally arrived, we were very appreciative of the yummy dishes that was served to us. Overall, we had a pleasant time. The friendly staffs and free Wifi made up for the slightly long wait, but if you are not in a hurry, and when you have good company, the wait for the food is not too bad. Plus they have nice cocktails and mocktails for you to try. In addition, you are bring your own wines too; they will charge low corkage fee.

3stones restaurant waiting time was not too bad. I've been to other few African restaurants in the past where I only got my food 2 hours after ordering!! I would definite recommend this place to my friends and I will return there again.

Opening hours: Wed-Sat: 18:00 - 22:00 (kitchen open until 21:30)
    Sun: 18:00 - 21:30 (kitchen open until 21:00)
    Lunch - Wed-Fri: 11:30 - 14:30

Favorite Dish: We ordered the Big Five Set Menu, which comprised starter fruit drinks, Sambusa appetizer, main meal of 5 dishes (lamb, beef and chicken curries/stews and vegetables) with Chapati and Steam Rice, followed by desserts and coffee/tea. We had so much food, we had to pack away the leftovers.

SET Japanese Restaurant: Will add to my favorite Japanese place

by longsanborn Updated May 29, 2014

I've been in The Hague for over 2 years & I didn't know about this Japanese restaurant until a friend suggested to meet here. He said that this restaurant is authentically Japanese as possible - he's been to Japan for few weeks recently. Anyway I was impressed with the good selection in the menu. I especially like the Bento sets, sushi starters & noodles variations. The food was good & delicious. The service was good & the staffs friendly & attentive. The spacious restaurant is nicely decorated in Japanese style. I will go again to try the noodles & hot-pot (shabu shabu).

Favorite Dish: All kinds of Sushi and Sashimi, Tempura prawns, and Teriyaki chicken

Du Passage: Enjoyable Dinner in The Passage Shopping Mall

by longsanborn Written May 29, 2014

Very nice little restaurant in The Passage, a covered shopping street/mall with specialist shops and boutiques. I went there for dinner with Groupon voucher for 3-course meal. I ordered the asparagus cream soup, Mexican beef burger and creme brulee dessert. The soup was too creamy for me, but the beef burger and dessert were great. Tasted delicious and generous portions. The service was also very good and quick. I enjoyed my dinner, even though I was dining alone. The waitresses were really friendly and made my evening enjoyable. I sat in their outdoor dining area, and enjoyed watching people walked by, or shopping or looking at the shops in The Passage.
    Price was reasonable for the generous portions (although a bit on high side) but it is located in a prime location of The Hague. I will certainly return to Du Passage again to try their other dishes or just to relax with a drink to watch people go by.

Koetjes & Kalfjes Den Haag: Nice Tasty Food, Good Service and Cozy Ambience

by longsanborn Written May 29, 2014

First time we went to this restaurant was in October 2013 for our usual monthly Ladies Night. We had a Groupon dinner voucher for 4, and we had a 4-course dinner which we could select from their regular Menu. We find the interior decor to be modern, chic, nicely decorated, good ambience, and very cozy.

Incidentally, we had also returned to this restaurant again in January 2014, also with a Groupon Voucher 4-course dinner for 4. Again, we had good food and good time at this place. Not sure why other patrons experienced poor to average food and service here. So far, my friends and I had good food and service. Perhaps it is because we went on a week night and not the weekend. Perhaps now the restaurant has hired better chefs who can cook delicious food.

Lunch: Friday and Saturday from 12:00 and Sunday from 13:00 hours
    Dinner: Monday to Sunday from 17:30 hours
    High Tea: Friday to Sunday from 14:00 to 17:00 hours
    High Wine: Friday to Sunday from 15:00 to 18:00 hours

Favorite Dish: Service was attentive and friendly. The food was good and delicious. Two of us had grilled Steak, cooked medium rare, as I've requested. My other friends had grilled fish fillet and also cooked to perfection. Overall, we had a good time at this restaurant.

• Rosey-K's Profile Photo

Flavour's: Dutch popular eateries

by Rosey-K Updated Mar 13, 2014

Quite a narrow restaurant with simple furnishing.

Warm atmosphere with chandeliers dim lights.

Fast and warm service from the waitress.

Heard that it is best to make a reservation if wanted to dine here, and we did.

They also cater lunch and breakfast.

Favorite Dish: Like the Mix Grill which look so appetising.

Like the freshness of those prawns with piri-piri, but it was a bit salty, thus drank plenty of water when I reached home. Another minus point, the dipping sauce that served with this dish wasn't compliment to those prawns.

LIke their dessert Bastogneij ice-cream.

• Work Abroad

• De Nieuwe Veenmolen: Unique experience!

by Ivo_K Updated Jan 2, 2014

This unique restaurant for private dining for companies from 8 to 40 people is located in a perfectly maintained Dutch watermill that was built in 1625 year! Unfortunately, we visited it in the evening and it was too dark for taking photos of the mill from outside...What I really like apart from the unique interior of an old mill is the fact that according to their rules only one company can use at a time the restaurant for lunch or dinner. The guests are invited to climb up the mill and get a quick guided tour with explanation on the mill origin and its use. We had a welcome drink at the mezzanine of the mill, the owners told us that also have a beautiful garden that could be used during the warm months of the year, but since we were there in November we couldn't use it anyway. We had a ready menu with a choice to make among 2-3 options for starters, soups, main dishes and desserts, everything was looking and tasting perfect. The restaurant is run by a family and the service was also of very high quality, the prices are affordable, there is also a free parking accommodating 18 cars for the guests of the restaurant. I really had a great time and would highly recommend this unique venue to all the people living in or visiting the Hague!

View at the first floor from above The restaurant interior The tasty bread One of the main courses One of the desserts
    • Museum Visits

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo

Cafe van Beek: Steak-Centric Pub

by nicolaitan Written Nov 16, 2013

Conveniently located between the historic center and the train station, Cafe Van Beek was a welcome respite from inclement weather. Alone among the restaurants we checked out en route, this place was filled with diners, the best recommendation. Apparently in business for at least 15 years, there is very little in the way of internet information and reviews and there is no menu or website. Decor is basic bar and grill, could have been anywhere in the world. Service was efficient if nothing else, a little slow, perhaps not so many tourists stop here.

The menu covered a broad range but was heavily beef oriented and we had some very good properly grilled steaks with good roast potatoes, accompanied by probably the best vodka we encountered in The Netherlands. Portions were large, prices reasonable. Cafe Van Beek is in no way exceptional but certainly a decent choice when in the area.

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Konditorei Vienna: Another Place For An Afternoon Beer

by johngayton Written Oct 11, 2013

Although I just dropped in for an afternoon beer I kinda liked the location of this cafe/ice-cream place. Indoors there are only 22 seats but the terrace, in the triangular "square" of Plaats, is a pleasantly shady location, just a stone's throw from the Binnenhof.

This is a daytime only cafe with a selection of ice-creams and a short snack menu. If I remember correctly beer was reasonably cheap, service pleasant and swift and considering its central position it was surprisingly uncrowded.

• Beer Tasting
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: The Hague

Comments

The Hague Restaurants

Reviews and photos of The Hague restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for The Hague sightseeing.