Wassenaar Travel Guide

by ANDLOCK
    by JohnnySpangles

Wassenaar Things to Do

by paddymc09 Written Mar 20, 2005

Attraction park Duinrell lies in the garden of the castle Duinrell which no longer exists. Except the attractions you can visit the tropical Tikibad (Tikipool), the Netherland?s biggest indoor slide complex. The attraction park is open in summer from 12 April to and including 26 October from 10.00 to 17.00h. Tikipool from 10.00 to 22.00h. In winter only the Tikipool is open: weekdays from 14.00 to 22.00h. and in the weekends from 12.00 to 22.00h. In early spring often is a maintenance closure! Entrance fee in winter

• Trains
    • Theme Park Trips

Wassenaar Hotels

Wassenaar Restaurants

• by susanhewitt Written Sep 3, 2006

Broder's is a little restaurant on Langstraat that is the closest to american food. ribs, hamburgers, beef, anything. their is an upstairs and downstairs and a little place to eat outside if its nice, which is rare in holland.

Favorite Dish: prime ribs

• Sailing and Boating
    • Architecture

• neilward's Profile Photo

by neilward Written Jun 4, 2005

The boys and I thought we deserved an ice cream after 10 minutes walking through this lovely town....
    So we did,I asked for "Groot" ( Large),WOW large they were,for only 2.50 Euros each we had this enormous vanilla flavoured cone,full of lovely ice creamitb took poor old sam over 40 minutes to eat his.In the end he just gave in !!!!!

Favorite Dish: Surprise surprise...its the vanilla ice cream....

• Wassenaar Hotels

7 Hotels in Wassenaar

7 Reviews and Opinions

Wassenaar Transportation

by paddymc09 Written Mar 20, 2005

To Wassenaar by public transport : from The Hague central station with Conexxion bus 63 or 90 to the village, bus 63 continues to the beach the Wassenaarse Slag. To Duinrell bus 43 or 90 and to Race course Duindigt bus 90.

• School Holidays

Wassenaar Shopping

• neilward's Profile Photo
    YUM YUM

by neilward Written Jun 6, 2005

Wonderful smell as soon you walk into this chocolate heaven,I swear I put on 10 ounces just looking and smelling the 100s of differnt chocs available.They were delicious,MMMMMMmmmmmm.

What to buy: Er...Chocolates...

Wassenaar Favorites

windmills

by paddymc09 Written Mar 21, 2005

Favorite thing: If you do stay in this little get away they have to offer or you are else where in the town...realize it fast that things close down early. I mean 5 pm early....so if you are going to by food to cook , beer , cigarettes, I mean anything get it done early in the day because there is not really aanything in this town.
    This is coming from a kid who grew up 20 min drive from NYC the city that never sleeps.

Fondest memory: The nice long bike rides we had buzzing around, I had known nothing about Dutch life or what to expect and in the back of my mind I had a strong feeling that Amsterdam had nothing to do with what goes on in the Dutch world, or maybe Amsterdam was the spectrum that I did'nt want to believe.
    Also the train ride down to Den Haag was very nice, cause I got to see alot of the old windmills, plus I realized that this must be the flattist country in the world...and it might be possible to take a nice warm nap on the grass being that every where I looked seemed to look like a golf course.

• Study Abroad
    • Trains

Instant Answers: Wassenaar

Comments

Wassenaar Travel Guide
Map of Wassenaar