Fish Market, Bergen

Know about this? Rate It!

• graciela19's Profile Photo

Good and simple fish food

by graciela19 Written Jul 15, 2008

Favorite thing: I just enjoyed this fantastic part of the world. My ship was Trollfjord, I understand similar to Midnatsol.
    My trip was from June 23rd to July 4th.,Bergen to Bergen. It was summer, yes, but we still had some cold days. On these (cold) days, the cabin was always at a nice temperature. Besides, they have extra blankets in the closet, or otherwise,you can ask for them.
    I would not travel with blankets. Take too much room in the suitcase.
    Good luck and have fun!
    Graciela

Fondest memory: All my memories from Bergen are pleasant memories.
    One special was when I was eating a fresh and delicious shrimp and salmon snack, seating on a bench at the Fish Market. It was a rainy day. It rains more than 200 days a year in Bergen. Still beautiful, appealing and inviting.
    So, I was eating my snack and a lovely local lady came to me, greeted me and kept me company for a while talking about everything and nothing. I think that was a very nice and welcoming gesture.
    For a good fish snack and potential friends, the Fish Market.

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• adriniu's Profile Photo

You gotta make a trip to the...

by adriniu Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: You gotta make a trip to the Fish Market (Torget) which is between Bryggen & Kong Oscars Gate. The prices are reasonable & absolutely fresh seafood is what you find. Don't forget to make a trip to the Fjords.

Fondest memory: It was raining the 1st 2 days that we were there and on our last day (we had about the whole morning & afternoon to explore the town), it was PERFECT weather! No clouds in the sky & the sun was shining so brightly. The Torget was then really crowded with the tourists & the locals & everyone was so cheery. We spent this last day just walking around, enjoying the sunny weather. Check out the picture which i took of that wonderous morning!

• Igraine's Profile Photo

market

by Igraine Written Oct 18, 2003

Favorite thing: Just across the tourist information and near Bryggen lies the fishmarket.
    The place to buy fresh fish, oysters, shrimps and lobsters.

Fish torget

• Mandy23's Profile Photo

Fish Market

by Mandy23 Updated Jan 21, 2003

Favorite thing: The Fish Market is located on the harbor and in the center of the city, selling fruit, vegetables, flowers, handicrafts and souvenirs.

Instant Answers: Bergen