Know about this? Rate It!
Europe’s largest mountain plateau, Hardanger Vidda
Europe’s largest mountain plateau, Hardanger Vidda, is about 2-3 hours drive from Bergen. You can also get there by train. In the winter it is ideal for cross country skiing. In the summer you can hike for days, and put up the tent anywhere. Or you can hike from cabin to cabin owned by the Norwegian Mountain Touring Association.
A popular activity is renting bikes and bicycling along the railroad. The old road that was built at the turn of the last century has been repaired for the use of mountain bicycle tourism. Read more about Rallarvegen:
- Adventure Travel
The Hardangervidda is Europe’s...
The Hardangervidda is Europe’s largest mountain plateau and with its marked trails and lodges it is an eldorado for hikers.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Bergen Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Indiana Off The Beaten Path
- Montreal Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Bangalore Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path
- Arkansas Off The Beaten Path