Know about this? Rate It!
Train Trip to Voss
Voss is about 100km from Bergen and easily accessible by direct train from Bergen. It's a scenic journey and makes a good day trip destination.
I visited in November, which is between seasons in Voss... the summer visitors had gone and the skiing hadn't started so I felt as if I had the place to myself.
There's a lovely lake in the centre of the town and you can take a nice walk around the perimeter and through the woods to the river at the other end of the town. It had been snowing when I visited so it looked extremely pretty.
The town itself has a selection of shops but the main reason for visiting is its scenic position.
Below is the official website for Voss and I have also included the impressive site of a resident of Voss, who posts beautiful daily photographs.
The nice town of Voss is famous for its fantastic landscape and for its Winter games. Very nice is the Vangskyrkya and the waterfalls!!!
- Road Trip
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Bergen Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Pfäffikersee Hotels
- Huntington Beach Hotels
- Cadlao Island Hotels
- Quartz Hill Hotels
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Indiana Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- Thailand Off The Beaten Path
- Istanbul Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Maui Off The Beaten Path
- Bend Off The Beaten Path