Enhjørningen, Bergen

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Enhjørningen: seafood...

by call_me_rhia Updated Sep 29, 2006

unicorn restaurant

This delicious fish restaurant is located in wharf house no.1, in a traditional hanseatic house in the centre of Bergen. It’s the only fish restaurant located in a historic house. The buildiing dates back to before 1304. You’ll recognise the Enhjorningen restaurant (Unicorn in English) by the sign.

Favorite Dish: i think that the menu changes according to the season... Among its dishes I liked, I found crab and shrimp dishes particularly delicious, and the salmon is to die for.

• straehle's Profile Photo

Enhjørningen: Great Seafood in Bergen

by straehle Written Aug 26, 2006

Bryggen with the Unicorn at the fight

Our dinner at Ehhjornigen was one of our best in Norway. The seafood, service, and ambience were all excellent. It is expensive; what in Norway isn't. This is a must eat if you are in Bergen.
    I believe I had the Tomato Baked Halibut and my wife had the Fried Trout

• Beer Tasting
    • Castles and Palaces

• Enhjorningen (last Unicorn): Best Seafood Restaruant in Town

by c_miederhoff Updated Oct 3, 2008

>>Enhjorningen / Bryggen - directly at the habour & close to the fishmarkt

I was invited by local colleagues to the Enhjorningen in Oct 2008. Wonderful fish restaurant in the city of Bergen. Located in an old wodden building (18th / 19th century (?)) with a view to the habour.

The entrance is a little bit "hidden" at the left of the builduing and you have to go upstairs to the first floor. You get high quality of fresh fish food. I - for example - have eaten delicious "whale carpaccio".

As I was invited by my colleagues I don´t know the prices. But I assume, that it was not cheap. But I strongly recommend to try this restaurant, if you like seafood.

Instant Answers: Bergen