Pasta Sentralen, Bergen

Pasta Sentral, Bergen
    Pasta Sentral interior
    Ham and pineapple pizza at Pasta Sentral
  • Skygge's Profile Photo

Pasta Sentralen: Cheap but doesn't feel....

by Skygge Written Dec 11, 2007

Went there for the birthday of a friend working there, on Sunday.
    Good points: Gnocchis were good, quite cheap (89kr)
    Bad: Close at 11PM, and quantity is far to be suffisiant... same thing for all what my freinds took (calzone, pizza, pasta...).

In this case I prefer to pay 200kr for a **big** piece of meat @ Egon, with many fries.

• Pasta Sentralen: WORST RESTAURANT HAVE BEEN TOO !!

by chrisbutters Written Aug 23, 2007

Maybe I should of took the reviews on here a little more seriously, I did read that it was popular with studants. Not that I am having ago at students as I used to be one myself not too many moons ago lol

Anyway as a business traveller I asked my helpful staff at the Raddison Hotel Norge if they could recomend to me a good Italian restaurant, they told me that the Pasta Sentralen was fantastic & was close to the hotel.

Now as I walked in I should have took my first instincts, but I kept going much to my dissapointment.

There is nobody to take you too your seat when entering the place, you have to figure out youyself that you have to walk over to a counter & order the food yourself. I then ordered my meal & a glass of red wine, whch was from a carton ! not a bottle & the guy serving even tried to talk me out of red as he knew his carton was empty ! You have to get your own cutlery & water from a fountain too.

The food was very very average, I could call it worse but I won't.

On the plus side, yes there are a few ! The food is really cheap & the service is good & friendly. I do understand why it is good for students, but if you want a nice meal with good service go somewhere else.

I do feel a little bit cheated that the hotel told me to go there when I did ask for a good traditonal place to eat.

Favorite Dish: The water !

• daarth's Profile Photo

Pasta Sentralen: It's actually a factory!

by daarth Updated Jun 12, 2007

Italian restaurant

NB!!! THE PASTA SENTRALEN HAS MOVED!!! MORE COMING....
    ...
    For the traveller on a budget, or just the traveller that prefers a cheap meal and good food. This place is actually a pasta factory and looks also like a factory. Some years ago they decided to open a room to serve a simple meal from. This became quickly popular among students and others so they had to expand. Inside it has a good atmosphere the food is good and you get enough to be satisfied. They have a large variety of pasta and pizzas on the menu.

Favorite Dish: Pasta!

• Study Abroad

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Pasta Sentralen: Pasta and pizza near the bus station

by SWFC_Fan Updated Aug 13, 2006

Pasta Sentral, Bergen

Pasta Sentralen is a large Italian restaurant located behind Bergen's central bus station.

I ate here one evening with Mette (VTer: FletteMette) during my visit to the city in July 2006. We dined here after having watched the local football team, Brann, beat Fredrikstad 3-1 in a crucial league game. Mette tells me that Brann's footballers sometimes frequent the restaurant, but unfortunately they were not in there celebrating their victory that night....at least not while we were there!

As well as attracting footballers, the restaurant also appeals to students from the nearby University. Mette tells me that she used to frequent the restaurant during her student days in Bergen....and the combination of good quality Italian food and relatively cheap prices means that it remains popular with students today.

The interior decor is rather strange. The ceiling is painted to look like the sky.....blue with white clouds and naked flying angels......while the walls have been painted to look like Italian homes with windows, flower boxes, balconies and crumbling plaster.

The large interior is quite intimate despite its size. The dining room is dimly lit and each table is candlelit. The dining room is also very well heated, almost to the point of being uncomfortably warm.

One feature of the restaurant is that you choose a table first and then go to the bar to order your meal. Unlike in most restaurants, you pay your bill before your meal is brought to your table. This means that there is no hanging around waiting for the bill at the end.

Favorite Dish: The menu consists of a number of pizzas and a large array of pasta dishes.

As you would expect, you can get pizzas with dozens of toppings....such as ham, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers, onions, beef, pork, pepperoni and various cheeses....as well as dozens of others!

Mette tells me that the pasta dishes (but not the pizzas) can be ordered in half portions, so if you don't have a large appetite that might be the best option for you! However, Mette also pointed out that the quality of the pasta dishes varies greatly from one visit to the next....unlike the pizzas which are consistently good!

I opted for:

Large Prosciutto e Ananas (ham and pineapple) pizza - Cost: 79 NOK

A large pizza with a thin and crispy base and a generous topping. Very nice!

Mette opted for:

Large onion pizza - Cost: 79 NOK

Mette had her usual pizza of choice.....a vegetarian option consisting of a cheese and onion topping. She tells me that it was "very nice"! :-)

We both opted for Coca Cola - Cost: approx. 30 NOK each

You can read Mette's Pasta Sentralen tip (as well as her other excellent Bergen restaurant tips) HERE

Good quality Italian food....at below average prices! Recommended!!

• globetrotter06's Profile Photo

Pasta Sentralen: Pasta

by globetrotter06 Written Apr 2, 2006

This must be the best and most popular pasta restaurant in Bergen. Great ambient, Italian atmosphere and not too expensive. Unfortunately, the politicians are planning on knocking down this and other buildings in order to build a new train line.

• Pasta Sentralen: ok and cheap meal

by HeleneNorway Written Oct 16, 2005

This is a really charming restaurant, or an factory actually. Here you can buy different kinds of fresh, homemade pasta, sauces and cheese to take with you. Off course you can also sit down and enjoy a pasta or pizza dish in informal sorroundings in the restaurant. The food are fearly cheap, but sadly I think the food tasted better earlier. It's sort of like they know they will get customers anyway....The food is still great and the restaurant is well worth a visit, especially if you're on a budget. The staff are polite and very "italian."

Favorite Dish: Pasta Bolognese- mmm...deliscious and really italian.

• jonkb's Profile Photo

Pasta Sentralen: Cheap pasta

by jonkb Written Jul 21, 2004
    My friend outside the restaurant

Well the suroundings are not much to be proud of. Perhaps that is why the restaurant doesn't have any windows. Surounded by the main road going into Bergen from the south on one side, and some industrial-like warehouses on the other.

Doesn't matter though, because You'll be inside.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish here is frutti di Mare, but they have lots of dishes that are almost as good.

Instant Answers: Bergen

Comments

Hotels Near Pasta Sentralen
3.5 out of 5 stars