Vågsbunnen Restaurant, Bergen

• Dumpling's Profile Photo

Vågsbunnen Restaurant: Good Value

by Dumpling Updated May 14, 2007

They Fly The Flag

This restaurant was brought to my attention via a leaflet in my guesthouse room. The claim was that the restaurant offered cheap (for Bergen), but good food. This proved to be the case and I ate in the restaurant three nights running.
    The menu catered for all tastes and was mainly simple food. I choose:
    First night - Tomato Soup with Egg (49 NOK), Home-made Fishcakes (97 NOK) & Caramel Pudding (60 NOK)
    Second night - Asparagus Soup (49 NOK), 1/2 Grilled Chicken (99 NOK) & Dessert Pancake (60 NOK)
    Third night - Prawn Cocktail (73 NOK), Pork Cutlett (130 NOK) & Vanilla Ice Cream (50 NOK)
    The service was provided on each night by the same efficient waiter.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my second night's meal the most as it was attractively presented, tasty and had good portion sizes. The chicken was accompanied by chips and salad.

• Vagsbunnen Restaurant: Neighborhood Restaurant

by henrykkanada Written Oct 3, 2005

A small neighborhood restaurant. The decor was not noteworthy but the food was. Popular, it had a short line-up when I was there. A fish soup, 1/2 grilled chicken, 0.5 L strong beer, dessert and coffee cost 288 NOK.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the fish soup, which had morsels of seafood. It was very tasty.

• Seniors