Know about this?
You can not drink and drive in Norway.....And you can not just go out on the streets to call on a taxi...They live in some places... and if you want a taxi you have to go there or call on the phone. The light is on.. if they are free to a ride.. We also have someting called pirat taxi... This is people driving you home for less money.... But be careful. You can never tell whats nice and wrong.. They are not realy taxydrivers.. OK. In most cases you are safe.. But newspapers can tell you something else..... Take care.. Norway is becoming international. Sorry..
- Women's Travel
Although it's free parking in Bergen after 5pm on weekdays, after 10am on Saturdays and free on Sundays, always be sure of where you are parking! We made the stupid mistake of not checking the sign and just assuming it was ok to park anywhere after those times. We didn't see anything out of the usual and everyone else seemed to be parking there. But it turned out to be a resident only parking area and we got a KON 500 fine. (£40 - $55us). So we weren't happy about that I can tell you!
IF YOU RENT A CAR....
The streets in Bergen are smal and there is a lot of one way streets to. Just dont drive to fast , and you be ok.... The town is best for walking. Just remember good shoes...If you drive to fast you can have to pay a lot... or.. the trolls come and get you !
As all the cities also Bergen has parking problems and if you leave your car on the wrong spot you might get a ticket, so be careful.
Watch your speed - especially in towns!
The Bergen police are very laid back but take a zero tolerance towards speeding - even if you are slightly over the limit with on the spot fines. very strict so be warned and keep it down.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Bergen Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Chennai (Madras) Hotels
- Laguindingan Hotels
- New Hampshire Hotels
- Sunny Beach
- Puerto Rico
- Bulacan Hotels
- Bulgaria Warnings and Dangers
- Athens Warnings and Dangers
- Cyprus Warnings and Dangers
- Krabi Warnings and Dangers
- Mumbai Warnings and Dangers
- Leh Warnings and Dangers
- Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Warnings and Dangers
- Sri Lanka Warnings and Dangers
- Turkey Warnings and Dangers
- Riyadh Warnings and Dangers
- Machu Picchu Warnings and Dangers
- Torremolinos Warnings and Dangers