Know about this?
Avoid park up the hill
There is a park up the hill of Bergen (quite close to the center), that should be really avoided, especially in the evening or night. One of my friends lived there while studying and was attacked by a drug addict. I was walking the street at 6p.m. and also saw lot of junkies, taking their pants off and injecting just in the street. There were three robberies during my stay (one week) in the appartments around this park. I don't know why the police is not taking care about this district. Strange.
This is a Hilly Town-Hail a Cab if You're Tired
If you arrive in town, are tired, and have to walk more than one or two blocks to your hotel with your bags, consider hailing a taxi. I came in by ferry, and my B&B was up near the university. While it wasn't far, those 'quaint' hills became quite a challenge with a couple of heavy suitcases (and it started raining to boot)!
Woman.. ! Dont use your high heals shoes.. !
You can be caught ... Not by the Norwegian men, but by the brick stones in the street..
- Women's Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Bergen Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Port Dalhousie Hotels
- Achimota Hotels
- Santa Monica Hotels
- Wennappuwa Hotels
- Riva del Garda
- Lloret de Mar
- Guangzhou Warnings and Dangers
- Ko Samui Warnings and Dangers
- Marseille Warnings and Dangers
- Amsterdam Warnings and Dangers
- Negril Warnings and Dangers
- Philadelphia Warnings and Dangers
- Maldives Warnings and Dangers
- Jerusalem Warnings and Dangers
- San Juan Warnings and Dangers
- Tunisia Warnings and Dangers
- Atlantic City Warnings and Dangers
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Warnings and Dangers