Know about this?
Rain, rain, rain...
Rain, rain, rain...
Fortunately, the Sun was on rendez-vous, when I was in Bergen. I was suprised to see an umbrella distributor machine in the street (I read that it was the world's first umbrella vending machine)??? But it seems useful in case of...
Bergen is Europes rainiest city. The yearly average rainfall reaches a staggering 2.250mm or nearly 2.5 metres. The rain in Bergen is caused by her lying in the path of westerly moist air masses but with high mountains behind her, which forces the low pressure up. As for the rainy weather, most visitors quickly learn the necessity of rain jackets and umbrellas.
- Adventure Travel
Dont forget your waterproofs
The weather in Bergen is very changable with it being situated in-between seven mountains.
If you go walking or on a Fjord cruise dont forget a waterproof jacket at the very least.
one minute it can be sunny the next chucking it down.
Beware of the nature around...
Beware of the nature around Bergen! It is addictive.....
Bergen has a reputation for a lot of rain. This can be true in periods, but we do have some fantastic weather too! When travelling in offbeat areas, it is a good tip to have the utmost respect for nature. The weather in some places can change in seconds, and it is always a good idea to bring clothes and equipment for any type of weather in that season.
- Sailing and Boating
Some people claim that it...
Some people claim that it rains a lot in Bergen. Take a look at my photos, do you see rain? hehe, I would say yes it rains in Bergen, but when the sun shines.....there's no such beautifull place on earth as Bergen.
The city of Bergen has a worse...
The city of Bergen has a worse reputation for rain than the UK. They have around 2000mm of rain each year and it is said to rain (or snow) for 300 days of the year! So I suppose we shouldn't have expected a dry day.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Bergen Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Yesvantpur Hotels
- Rio de Janeiro
- Vaca Key Hotels
- Legaspi City
- Steveston Hotels
- Prampram Hotels
- Durban Warnings and Dangers
- Chennai (Madras) Warnings and Dangers
- Cyprus Warnings and Dangers
- Krabi Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Vallarta Warnings and Dangers
- Tashkent Warnings and Dangers
- Estes Park Warnings and Dangers
- Seychelles Warnings and Dangers
- Santo Domingo Warnings and Dangers
- Torremolinos Warnings and Dangers
- Israel Warnings and Dangers
- Quito Warnings and Dangers