Odda Travel Guide

View over Sørfjorden

Odda Things to Do

Apple farm in Odda-August 2011 1 more image

by adema29 Updated Dec 12, 2011

Around Odda you'll find some specific fruit farms.
    I have tried until now only the apples but I am sure that the cherries and the plums could have the same unique taste.
    Eating some apples from Odda I have recognised the taste of apples from Maneciu... somewhere in Romania, so many years ago :(

• Rachel972's Profile Photo

by Rachel972 Written Aug 19, 2007

From Haugesund, or Etne on road E134 to Odda, Just south-west of Langfossen, there's a long tunnel that goes from Kypring to Saghaugen, and on our map there was a road around. We came from the south, got off the E134 at Kypring, and immediately turned to the right and uphill on a road with no sign at all (the only time this happened to us in Norway). The road is not well kept, but was in decent driving condition, including a bridge. It's 11 km long, high on the fjord edge. There was no other car all the way, at the north side there were some boats and an orderly connection to the main road, so it wasn't completely deserted.

There are some short tunnels, hewn out of hard rock with no effort to cover or smooth the boulders, this doesn't look at all machine-made.

• Roeffie's Profile Photo
    L��tefoss

by Roeffie Updated Aug 13, 2003

Låtefoss

A twin waterfall coming down towards the road. One of the nicest of Norway I think.

Odda Hotels

Odda Off The Beaten Path

Sonfjorden 4 more images

by adema29 Updated Jun 1, 2009

The landscape on my way was impressive and I will share with you some photos...enjoy them!
    I have spent 14 hours driving in that day... How? Look at the photos and you will understand.
    Everything is so clean and untouched... I had to see as much as possible.

• fomhuirean's Profile Photo
    Down below, the N13 with the busy traffic.

by fomhuirean Written Aug 24, 2008

On the N13 from Røldal to Odda. Just after you made the 360° tunnel Hara, going north. Just before you enter the next tunnel 7 km long, there is an exit on your right, this goes up the mountain with hairpins.
    But it is absolutely breathtaking views, didn't meet any cars, just a biker who loved the scenery as well.
    It's worth while to look at the maps before you start a journey, and if you have some extra time to do it, it makes the trip that much interesting.

• Odda Hotels

1 Hotels in Odda

14 Reviews and Opinions

Odda Favorites

Statue in Odda 4 more images

by adema29 Updated Dec 12, 2011

Favorite thing: I had the chance to be here for less than an hour on 1st of May in 2009.
    I have seen than the end of the 1st of May parade with nice people and their lovely costumes, surprised that places like this one still exist on our crowded and dirty World.
    I have made few photos there and I am sure that you will appreciate the city and the breathtaking nature.

Instant Answers: Odda

Comments

Odda Travel Guide
Map of Odda