Voss Sports & Outdoors

• PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Getting wet in Voss

by PrincessMonja Updated Apr 4, 2011

A little choppy

I was booked on this - so I didn't get a choice.

It scares me witless until the second part when I started to really have fun!

Equipment: The Voss rafting Senter has a great set up with all the equipment you need, plus a cafe to recover in after!

• Rafting

• inawic's Profile Photo

Rappelling

by inawic Written May 12, 2007

I must be honest - I used to be TERRIFIED of just the thought of rappelling. I had decided I would never ever take part in this insanity. However - I sometimes get this urge to challenge myself, so I just closed my eyes and did it. And it turned out to be FUN!

Guides will tell you exactly what to do all the time, and you feel secure all the way. The cliff is 15 metres, and there are several options of routes.

You can also rappell down "Tvinnefossen", then equipped with a wet suit.

Equipment: Harness is provided.

• Adventure Travel

• inawic's Profile Photo

Rafting!

by inawic Written May 12, 2007

Voss with its many rivers has excellent rafting opportunities. And the rainy weather that often appears in this part of Norway, is only a pro!

Whether you are a beginner or trained, Voss has got a river suitable for you!

Equipment: River water is cold! In summertime you may manage with a swimsuit, but I prefer to use wool under my wet suit.

Wet suit, shoes, life west and helmet is provided by your rafting center.

• Rafting

• bonio's Profile Photo

Rafting

by bonio Written Jul 3, 2003

Rafting centre guarantees to "wet your pants" but no signs of life while we were there. The area must have some great waters for rafting though........

Instant Answers: Voss

Comments

Voss Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Voss sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Voss sightseeing.