Narvik Restaurants

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Peppe's Pizza: Arctic Pizza

by travelfrosch Updated Apr 4, 2011

Peppes -- open til midnight

We had been eating a lot of herring. When we saw Peppes, a chain pizza restaurant, we both decided it would be a good change of pace. The restaurant is tourist and kid-friendly, plus it's open til midnight. Prices are not outrageous by Narvik standards. To save a bit of money, have the pizza to take away. For some strange reason, meals taxes are less on take-away food than on food eaten in the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: We got a split pizza, which is available at the price of what the most expensive whole pizza would cost. Beer was OK, but at NOK 65 per pint, I didn't have a second. Coke wasn't that much less expensive.

• Trains

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Bella Napoli: Italian Food (sort of...)

by travelfrosch Updated Mar 13, 2010

The restaurant

We were hungry, so Jim took us to a local place he knew. The Bella Napoli probably does not have Italian management (hint: they're well-known for their Kebob), but the food was just fine, if not exactly Neapolitan.

Favorite Dish: I had the "Fettuccine Napolitana," which was really closer to Fettuccine Carbonara. It was a flat pasta in a cream sauce with cheese, strips of ham, and black pepper. It was a dish you would be much more likely see in northern Italy or the USA than in Naples, but it was quite good nonetheless.

• Beaches
    • Trains

• bpacker's Profile Photo

A recipe: Lofoten Fiske Suppe

by bpacker Updated Nov 21, 2004

Suppe in a packet

Now, after reading Shrimp56's cooking page, I am inspired to list my recipes which I've collected from all over the world. Here's a recipe of the fish soup I tasted in Narvik. Admitedly, I got inspired to cook the real thing after trying out an instant packet of the soup!

It's a pretty homey soup and full of sea-tasting goodness. Here it is for you to try...

Lofoten Fiske Suppe (2 portions)

Ingredients
    1)6 - 8 potatoes
    2)carrot,turnip,cabbage
    3)wheat flour
    4)200 - 400 g fish fillets
    5)salt and pepper.

Skin the potatoes,carrot, turnip, cabbage or whatever leftover vegetables you have at home.
    Cut the vegetables and potatoes into small cubes and let them boil for 10 minutes. Cut the fillet of fish cut into bite-sized pieces. Shake (1-2 ss) wheat flour into some cold water. (Use a little screwtop jar ). Mix this with the fish, potatoes and vegetables until the consistent is like sauce/soup. Add salt and pepper.

• bpacker's Profile Photo

Alibaba Restaurant: Eating Freshly Fried Chicken in Town

by bpacker Updated Nov 21, 2004

Yum Yum Yum Alibaba Fried Chicken

For some very odd reason, I remembered eating piping hot fried chicken in the heart of Narvik. Maybe it was because the restaurant had a very funny name - Alibaba - and it was run by Ali Ba Ba lookalikes, Middle Eastern Men with full mustache and all!
    Whatever it was, I was very very hungry and the I wolfed down the chicken in seconds.
    The shop is somewhat near the big signpost that points to every country.

Favorite Dish: The fried chicken was good , so was the pizza , I think..

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Local

by Gili_S Written Jul 28, 2007

This is maybe the best cheap option for dinning in this place if you are on the budget. It is located just in the centre of town by the square.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Own food

by Gili_S Written Jul 28, 2007

This time as we were staying at the camp site with a nice kitchen facility, we preferred to cook our own food which was excellent.

Instant Answers: Narvik

Comments

Narvik Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Narvik restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Narvik sightseeing.