Herr Nilsen, Oslo

Know about this? Rate It!

• Herr Nilsen
    by ideabuzz
  • Herr Nilsen
    by martinelli
  • Herr Nilsen: Worst experience in Oslo

by jvinOslo Written Jan 26, 2014

I'm an Engineer, age 56, working in Oslo now for a 6 month assignment. I was excited to find this place since it looked like there were some fantastic jazz shows here. Then I had the unfortunate experience of meeting the owner, sitting with three other gentlemen, who seemed very amused at my questions about the beer menu. He made sure that he was served another drink (I could tell he already had a few) in the middle of my order to make sure I knew he was the boss. Then I endured another 5 minutes of ridicule (in Norwegian, but obvious) while I tried to enjoy my beer - I did not enjoy my beer and got the message loud and clear that this place was for Norwegians. Such a shame to own a club in an international city and look down on foreigners, it seemed so small and petty. And I'm not unaccustomed to travel or living abroad. There are many venues in this city to choose from, give him his wish and avoid this one.

• Music

• martinelli's Profile Photo

Herr Nilsen: Herr Nilsen

by martinelli Written Sep 11, 2002

Very cosy place. Wide tables, cushioned benches, there's always good music going on - quality jazz and blues, mostly. I've been there for the first time at the celebration of Gershwin's 100 years of birth. It was amazing! A very nice concert, although it was so crowded I couldn't get in.

Dress Code: Dress comfortable and don't go there if you're sleepy. The place is so cosy you'd easily fall asleep on the table.

• ideabuzz's Profile Photo

Herr Nilsen: Sunday Jam Sessions

by ideabuzz Written Oct 25, 2007

Sunday evening is a Jam Session with no cover starting at about 10:30 or 11:00 to 3 am. Be sure to have cab fare as you will want to stay to the end and the trains stop at 12:30.

Dress Code: Casual European