Cafe Celsius, Oslo

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Cafe Celsius: In the corner of a pretty square

by toonsarah Written Jul 29, 2006

Courtyard of the Cafe Celsius

We had lunch in this cafe twice and both times were very happy with our meals. The first time we had a table outside in the square, which was very nice, but on the second visit we chose one in the cafe's small courtyard, which was even better - quieter, without any traffic, and with a lovely small fountain.

Favorite Dish: The nicest thing I ate here was an open sandwich with smoked salmon and guacamole which cost 120 NK - not too expensive by local standards. On our second visit I had a salad with Serrano ham which was nearly as nice, and my husband rated his open tuna mayo sandwich too.

• bpacker's Profile Photo

Krishna's Cuisine: Cheapest and Healthiest Buffet in town

by bpacker Written Mar 1, 2004

By the time I was in Norway, my friend and I were really starting to miss the spicy Straits cuisine we have at home. We were delighted to find this little Indian eatery that offers the cheapest buffet in town. For N75 per person, we ate the delicious basmati rice, vegatable curries and papadums till our bellies were full.

Favorite Dish: The papadums ( rice crackers ) are salty and fried to a crispy delight.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Cafe Celsius: Low-key yet Historic Beer Garden

by yooperprof Written Sep 7, 2003

catch some rays and quaff some ale

A good place for a cold one on a hot day, the Cafe Celsius is relatively inexpensive by local standards, and features satisfying beverages and light eats. It's in the courtyard of the Anatomig?rden, one of the oldest buildings in Oslo and at one time home of the University's medical faculty. Was Dr. Celsius ever here? I don't know that.

• Beer Tasting

• bpwillet's Profile Photo

Cafe Celsius: Great hot spot

by bpwillet Written Jul 2, 2005

Cafe's in Historic surroundings

Surrounded by historic buildings and with good service, everything is laid back here. Come relax, enjoy some unpretentious food and have a good time. One of the nicest in Christiania Torv.

Instant Answers: Oslo

Comments

Hotels Near Cafe Celsius
4.0 out of 5 stars