Peppe's Pizza, Oslo

4 out of 5 stars 9 Reviews

My wife and son taking a bite
    Pig´s knuckle pizza
    Peppe´s Pizza
  • SailorRoar's Profile Photo

Pappes Pizza: The largest pizza chain in Norway

by SailorRoar Updated Apr 4, 2011

Peppes Pizza id found on several locations in Oslo and Norway in general. They have very good pizzas, both american and italian style, including healty alterantives. A good place to share a pizza with your friends.

Favorite Dish: Pizza, pie

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Peppe's Pizza: Cosy place

by suvanki Updated Apr 4, 2011

On our first night in Oslo, we were hungry and tired from travelling all day, so setting off from our hotel, this was one of the first places we found that we liked the menu .
    We were directed upstairs, and found a table. First impressions were of a cosy restaurant, decorated with old photos and pictures, with old kitchen and household wares hanging from the walls and ceiling.

The waitress was friendly, and patient , as we took a while to decide what to eat from the varied menu. (Pizzas, Pizza Pies, Salads, Lasagne, Tortillas, Burger, fajitas etc)
    Childrens menu available.

Open 11.00 -24.00 Mon - Sun

Eat in, Take Away and Home Delivery available.

Visa, Eurocard,Mastercard, Amex, Diners card accepted.

Downstairs is a display of free postcards, magazines and even a dvd. (one present for our friend who couldn't make the trip!)

This Restaurant is in the main tourist area, so we expected to pay 'top price' There are cheaper places to enjoy a meal.

Favorite Dish: Our first visit we all enjoyed a large half and half pizza, (Deeper Love and a Silence of the lamb) A Lucky Me Scampi salad and 8 Heineken beers between us. (See photos below)

We all agreed that the food had been delicious.
    We all agreed that the bill was expensive!
    8 x Heinekens 400Kr!!
    Salad 129 Kr
    Pizza 244 Kr
    Which came to 618.40 Kr, plus tax of 154.60 Kr. Total Bill 773.00 Kr !

However, we had enjoyed the meal, and it was a nice start to our weekend - We'd also budgeted for an expensive weekend, especially if we were to eat in the most expensive areas.

On the Sunday, before leaving for the airport, we returned for our last meal.

Again we ate upstairs. This time 3 had lasagne (117 Kr each) and I had Peppes burger with cheese (121 Kr) These all came with salad, I had potato sticks and dressing too. We shared a karafe of House Red too (165Kr) which arrived with large glasses of water.
    Total Bill 637Kr inc taxes etc.

I enjoyed my burger, but the others were slightly disappointed with the lasagne.

Peppes Pizza Karl Johan Gate Oslo Deeper Love/Silence of the lamb Pizza Peppes, Oslo Lucky Me Scampi salad, Peppes Pizza, Oslo Lou, Tina and Sara raise a glass! Peppes Oslo Me and Lou waiting for our food! Peppes Oslo

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Peppe's Pizza: Not a country known for it's pizza

by sourbugger Updated Apr 4, 2011

Quality pizza is not something that you would immediately associate with Norway, but this Norwegian chain has high standards.

The decor of their restaurants is somewhat varaible. The one in the central station is nothing special whilst the one opp. the main station is woody and welcoming.

At around 300KR for a pizza, it is expensive by European standards, but these enormous pizzas should reasonably fill two adults. The topping seems plentiful and fresh.

Nice atmosphere, and attractive waitresses.

If only the beer was cheap I could live here.

Their slogan roughly translates as (according to my mate) : The most fun you can have with your friends........I could make a comment, but i'll refrain from doing so..

A sign of good pizza

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo

Peppe's Pizza: Great pizzas

by Bernd_L Updated Apr 4, 2011

There are several of these restaurants in Olso. We visited the one opposite of the Main Train Station. In a nice ambience you get a delicious choice of pizzas. Prices are affordable in comparison to normal restaurants in Oslo who all tend to be a bit pricey.

Favorite Dish: Pizza of course.

• Peppe's Pizza: CBS best pizza?

by orangeinside Updated Apr 4, 2011

Being late night and starving I decided to give it a try even if I strongly avoid Italian places when I travel cause I get plenty of them here where I live as you can imagine. Anyway, considering that in the Karl Johan area there wasn't that much available I seated mindful that in an official site about Oslo was rated as the best pizza in the world according to a CBS report... well, maybe is good, but they forgot to mention something that represents a significant change, the place provides ONLY american pizza which is quite a let down if you're used to the pizza you get in Italian pizzeria's.

Peppe's Logo

• Tripack's Profile Photo

Peppes Pizza: Pizza, pizza

by Tripack Updated Apr 4, 2011

Large pizz' is enough for 2 people and you can ask for a half/half composition.

Ask for the special lunch offer on week days for about NOK 89.

Nice waitress and good + efficient service. Alcohol licence.

Favorite Dish: For Pizza fans. 20 differents delcious varieties.

• adema29's Profile Photo

Peppe's pizza: The best pizza in Norway

by adema29 Updated Feb 27, 2009

It is a very nice looking restaurant with nice atmosphere and good red wine.
    If you are going there with a kid it will be a problem to take him out… The playground is good and your kid will enjoy it…

Favorite Dish: Pizza...

The airplane Playground

• glamourprincess's Profile Photo

Peppe's Pizza: Norway's most popular pizza restaurant

by glamourprincess Written Jul 10, 2006

The most famous and popular pizza chain restaurant in Norway is a great place to bring your friends or family. They have a large menu with many different sorts of pizza, you can also choose your own ingredients. They have both traditional combinations (such as pepperoni, ham and pineapple, meatballs..) and some new, but delicious ones (with ruccola salad, marinated shrimps, etc..). There are also vegan option, salads, bruschetta, garlic bread ..etc. It has a bistro-feel with its simple interior decorated with weird and old objects. Family-friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: I love all of their pizzas and the garlic dressing is delicious. It is expensive though..

• gugi66's Profile Photo

Peppes Pizza

by gugi66 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Great pizza restaurant, really cozy surroundings little old style interior. The pizza was great and tasty

Favorite Dish: Pig´s knuckle (Ham, cheese and mushrooms)

Pig��s knuckle pizza Peppe��s Pizza My wife and son taking a bite

Instant Answers: Oslo

Comments

Hotels Near Peppe's Pizza
0 miles away