Egersund Travel Guide

It's true
    View to the Julebyen
    by adema29
    There is a home for everybody

Egersund Things to Do

by adema29 Written Dec 14, 2010

I have visited the city for few times in the last 4 years but last weekend I was there only to take some photos in the biggest Christmas Market on the western part of Norway.
    Perhaps because I have been already in so many other well known markets in Europe, they didn't impress me much with the market itself.
    What is impressing me is the fever of Christmas around that small Julebyen. All the Rogaland was there, all the parking places were full and all the kids ready for party. I haven't seen so many beautiful kids anywhere in the world.
    It is a "must see" for all the Norwegians and I understand very well why they come here.

Julebyen-Egersund Coloured sugar... this is what kids like more :) It is an amusement park.. better than nothing :)

Egersund Off The Beaten Path

by adema29 Updated Dec 15, 2010

I don't know who guided my steps over there but, I consider myself lucky to discover that place. My trip there was a bit longer than I have expected but I will never regret it.

If I will look again some time at those photos with the Lighthouse and the sea bellow, I will remember about the nice afternoon I have been there stretching my bones, jumping from stone to stone as a (fat) wild goat and smelling the salt in the air. The only sound I could listen was the music of the sea... this is the music I love.
    I hope you'll like my photos.. the light was perfect for this and the water was still.

Sunset at Egersund Fyr Egersung Fyr under December's light Norwegian Hytter-cabins View to  the sea at Egersund Fyr A view from OUR Earth?

Egersund Favorites

by adema29 Updated Dec 16, 2010

Favorite thing: If you are at least as lucky as me, you'll probably have a good day and a clear sky above you, perfect for taking photos in the port.
    It seems that the good sailors in Egersund are good painters too. Or an artist is choosing at least the coulours for their boats.
    In a shop near the port I have seen a nice saying "If God had meant us to have fibre glass boats, he would have grown fibre glass trees ". I found it lovely , isn't it?
    Anyway, looking at the boats in the port, you'll understand that somewhere they have found already a huge forest with fiber glass trees in it :)

Fondest memory: The colours...
    I have spend long minutes trying to get "that light".

Lovely Don't cut the fiber glass trees Boats in Egersund Egersund-the new boats too This is fiber glas too?!

Instant Answers: Egersund

Comments

Egersund Travel Guide
Map of Egersund