Karmøy Travel Guide

Karmøy Things to Do

by mirchica Written Feb 25, 2013

Our car walk finished with a stopped at the east side of the island. It looked completely different from the rocky west side. It was greener, warmer and sunnier. On the other side I could see the main land. There, between the main land and the island people go out on the their boats for sailing in a nice weather.

• Water Sports
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Photography

by mirchica Written Feb 25, 2013

Skudeneshaven is the other city at the island - the southest point of the island. The city is a main port at Karmoy. Few years ago it has won the award "Summer resort of Norway".
    The day was Friday and the city seemed to be sleeping - maybe most of the people work in the biggest city in the area, I don't know. We were looking for a place where to have a coffee in but we couldn't find. There was only one restaurant that was working only few hours a day, so strange! Probably in summer is more vivid.

• Fishing
    • Hiking and Walking

by mirchica Written Feb 25, 2013

We were driving south and stopping at the most beautiful places around the island. One of them was Sandcesanden beach. It was rocky, cold and windy but I have no words to explain the emotion I felt there on the rocks. I guess it was freedom! Neither the wind, neither the coldness could make me feel any bad. If I had the chance I could go there frequently just to relax and calm watching the beautiful sea and the rocks.
    Thanks a lot to the person that brought me there!

• Windsurfing
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Karmøy

Comments

Karmøy Travel Guide
Map of Karmøy