Ristorante Allegro, Stavanger

• Gard's Profile Photo

Ristorante Allegro: Uncle Toni

by Gard Written Feb 26, 2003

Uncle Toni's place

The restaurant is run by Antonio Bjelancic and he has been involved in several restaurants in Stavanger. The Allegro restaurant has gotten pretty good reviews so we decided to try it out.

It is a small restaurant so if you want a table here you better book ahead. I think there might be about 30 seats. But the atmosphere was really nice, candles burning and the staff was friendly and polite.

The menu itself was not really big but we found some good dishes to choose from. According to the menu Antonio Bjelancic's family comes from southern Italy so the food is inspired by that.

Favorite Dish: To start with we got a small appetizer and I guess it was some sort of bruscetta. It was just a tiny little piece of bread to get the meal started :-) Then we went over to the starters and we had scampi with sundried tomatoes and spring onion and bread on the side. And we had some italian sausage on a bed of ruccola. The last dish mentioned here was so simple and yet so good.

For the main meal my wife went for the monkfish with risotto on the side. I went for a chicken dish with potatoes and italian sausages. Both meals tasted great and it seemed like they were made with affection and care.

We skipped dessert and we left the restaurant with the remains of the great taste in our mouths. I'm sure it won't be the last time we visit this place.

Instant Answers: Stavanger

Comments

Hotels Near Ristorante Allegro
4.0 out of 5 stars