Sala Thai Restaurant, Stavanger

• Gard's Profile Photo

Sala Thai Restaurant: Good, cheap Thai food

by Gard Written Feb 20, 2003

Sala Thai

The restaurant is not located central in Stavanger so it might be a bit hard to find. But Stavanger is not that big so it only takes 5-10 minutes to walk there from the town square. It is located on the road Løkkeveien so there is a bit of traffic on the outside. It is quite a small place (only about 30 seats I guess) and it was not cowded when we went there....in fact we were the only one there at one time :-) But the food was nice and Tiffani Huyen Truong who runs the place was friendly and nice.

Favorite Dish: We tried out some very common Thai dishes to compare it to other Thai restaurants that we normally go to. For starters we had Tom Yam goong (you know...the spicy shrimp soup) and that was very good. And we also had some satay and I enjoyed them with the peanut sauce. For the main meal we chose chicken in green curry and coconut milk and masama curry. The first one was pretty good (but as a friend said "it is pretty hard to not get this right") but there was more onion that what I'm used to in Thai dishes. And the masaman curry was a bit dissapointing. I don't recall seeing any potatoes and it didn't have the good rich masaman taste. But overall it was a pretty nice Thai meal.

Instant Answers: Stavanger

Comments

Hotels Near Sala Thai Restaurant
4.0 out of 5 stars