Been here? Rate It!
Friluftshuset in Jaeren
The Friluftshuset in Orre is right on the coast south of Stavanger and Sandes, at the beach. It's a place where biological and geological things are exhibited and explained. Like a nature museum really - sand, stones, animals, migration shifts (how people walked over the then ice-covered North Sea) etc. Really well done, with een little movies or sound shows. I loved it there!
My host parents who are architects liked the Friluftshuset even just for its architectural character. It is built in a very modern style, full of funny corners and angles.
Sometimes there are concerts at the Friluftshuset.
- Family Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Stavanger Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Riggsville Hotels
- Mo i Rana
- Smith Rock State Park Hotels
- Pedas Hotels
- The Bahamas
- Province of Ilocos Norte Hotels