Know about this? Rate It!
Trøndelag Folk Museum
The Trøndelag Folk Museum is located on the outskirts of the city, near a forest and it is an open-air exhibition of all the most significative houses and stave churches of Norway, especially from the area.
You can see how local architecture changed through the centuries, as well as according to the landscape (fjord, mountains). There are over 60 houses in the park, including the ruins King Sverre’s castle and the amazing Haltdalen Stave Church, dating back to 1170.
This museum is a bit out of town. It is a collection of houses moved here from various places in Trøndelag.
The historical grounds in front of Norways first ever stone fortress is also daunting. Imagen, if you can, a fortress on the bear rock when you get here. If you climb up you will see the ruins of the fortress.
You can also see the exibition inside showing life in Trøndelag. It's organized kronologically from birth to death of ordinary people.
- Historical Travel
- Museum Visits
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Trondheim Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Mililani Town Hotels
- Lauerzersee Hotels
- Dandong Hotels
- Madeira Island
- Province of Ilocos Norte Hotels
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Pennsylvania Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
- Trondheim Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path