Expensive/taxes, Trondheim

Know about this?

Go to HELL with that car-Toll-system !!!
    by globetrott
  • Expensive/taxes
    by Yiannis2000
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

Go to HELL with that STUPID car-Toll-system !!!

by globetrott Updated Oct 8, 2009

Go to HELL with that car-Toll-system !!!

IMHO this is the most stupid way to collect money from foreign cardrivers, stupid for them and stupid for us:
    The Toll-system for cars is fully automatic and an invoice will be sent to your homeadress ! It might take 1-6 months untill you get a letter from Great Britain and who knows, maybe I will have my 1st invoices already in my postbox in Vienna, while I am still driving through Norway. (This is what I thought, while planning to drive through Norway untill early November)-.
    OK, then I had my carproblems and came home already end of September and found out : I did not yet get the invoice in my postbox, although I did not drive anywhere in Norway after Sept. 11th.
    Next question is : Will they send 1 bill for all places where I passed through these automatic toll-meters or will I get seperate ones for oslo, Bergen, Trondheim etc.
    ---
    Another possibility is to pay at some petrolstations in the outskirts of the cities, BUT it is YOU who has to remember how much toll you owe them and pay in that exact amount.And when you dont pay enough that way, they will send you an invoice for the rest !
    Around Oslo the Shell-stations will collect this money, in Bergen it was ESSO, so you always have to read first the instructions somewhere at a few parkingplaces, where the system is explained...
    And then you can only hope that you pay at the last and not at the last-but-one station of that area...
    ---
    The same system apllies for Bergen and other towns, while overland-roads are mostly to be payed cash
    ----
    -----------------------------------------
    Motorcycles are totally free on these tollroads !
    cars & motorhomes pay the same tariff
    trucks are much more expensive and hopefully this automatic system
    can tell my high motorhome from a truck !!
    My conclusion :
    Go to HELL with that STUPID Toll-system !!!
    (because they dont have a Tollstation there yet !)

• Motorcycle

• Kiwigirlie's Profile Photo

Tolls of any kind!

by Kiwigirlie Written Feb 8, 2005

Have lots of lose change handy, especially if you are planning to use the ferries or bridges or are coming into the cities.
    Some ferry crossing you can pay by card but it's always wise to have it in cash.
    Tolls coming into cities are a little confusing -we gave the machine the correct change and it still spat it out muttering something in Norweign... If in doubt - just drive though.

Instant Answers: Trondheim

Comments

Other Warnings and Dangers in Trondheim