Larvik Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Larvik

DALE of NORWAY

by Azhut Written Oct 2, 2004

In Larvik you can find tons of pull over from DALE, the most important manufacuter and distributor of real norwegian pull over's style. DALE sponsored the norwegian ski team but it has many different collections of pulls for the family or for sportsmen. I'm crazy for the norwegian ski team and I was lucky to receive the original DALE of the team in 2002, you can see it in my picture that I put from the web because at this moment I can't scan it!!! But I can assure you I have the same pull ;-)

My Dale

and the new style..

by Azhut Updated Oct 2, 2004

And after the old style you can see here the new one. The colours don't change soo much, the green is still the main colour of this dress. But if you look at the cap you can see that it changes, we can say is a completely different model.

• Azhut's Profile Photo

traditional women's dress- old style

by Azhut Updated Oct 2, 2004

Every country and of course every region has a typical and traditional way to wear, during the local ceremonies. In this picture I try to show you the beauty of this women's dress (and a men's suit behing). Lars said this is an example of the old style for this kind of dress. Nota bene: They used green for women and red for men, maybe to create a cromatic contrast! I think the effect is great!

Nice houses

by Azhut Updated Oct 2, 2004

Norway has a great tradition about coloured and delicious houses. In every village you can see them and the reason to me is a simly one: to the north inhabitans have the chance to see the sun and the light in general just few months a year, so they build up coloured houses just to fight the challenge with the darkness and the white snow; this is a "cure" versus the psychological effects of the bad weather I suppose...Any norwegian can confirm or not my opinion ;-))

Instant Answers: Larvik

Comments

Larvik Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Larvik local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Larvik sightseeing.