Bialowieza Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bialowieza

KARCZMA U JANKIELA (Jankiel's Inn): Old Polish cuisine

by gosiaPL Updated Apr 4, 2011

Old Polish everything!

We didn't have any meal there as it was booked for a wedding reception when we chose to go there on a Saturday evening. What a pity, it was only 10 minute's walk from our guesthouse!

It is at the charming Soplicowo business and recreation complex in Bialowieza, built in the 19th c. style of Polish nobility mansions. I understand the cuisine is also according to old Polish and old Lithuanian traditional recipes... must be delicious!

Check some pictures of the inn on their website's Polish version to get the feel of the atmosphere there.

• sphynxxs's Profile Photo

Unikat: boar and wisent on the plate

by sphynxxs Written Jan 29, 2009
    Unikat restaurant, Bialowieza

in the typical wooden structure of houses in Bialowieza, this is one of the biggest restaurants, adjacenct to a guesthouse which is also quite cozy and centrally located. food is filling and of the hearty Polish kind that comes very welcome on a cold winter day

Favorite Dish: boar pate

• Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Unikat: Your everyday place to eat

by Jawnuta Updated Jan 9, 2008

Santo @ front of Unikat

The place is located in the middle of Bialowieza. Close to the museum and to the orthodox church.
    It has typical polish food. There is a large, bright room downstairs and nice outdoor garden at front and on the sides.
    They have a waiter service, but if you in a hurry you can order at the bar and the waitress will bring it to you.
    Staff is very nice and friendly.

Favorite Dish: We had there all kinds of polish soups, as well as pierogies and salads.
    We were also coming there just for a beer after sunset.

Unikat is actually a hotel (inn) with the restaurant....so if you are looking for a nice place to stay....see their website

• Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Bialowieza Towarowa: fancy, fancy

by Jawnuta Updated Nov 18, 2007

old train sation...

It is probably the best restaurant in 100 km radius.
    I remember it from my childhood as a train station with small ticket office and beautiful tiled furnace. I used to take a train from there to go to local town Hajnowka shopping with my grandmother.
    When I came back about 10 years ago....the place was abandoned and destroyed. It was used by local vandals to .....do who knows what.....
    Now in 2007 it is a fantastically renovated building used by restaurant. But what a restaurant it is.......

Favorite Dish: The food is really delicious. It is expensive but not overpriced in my opinion. There is plenty to choose from for those who are very hungry, not that hungry, with a big wallet and on a small budget. If you really can't afford the food, just have a beer and look around. The place takes you on magical journey when Russian Czar was hunting Bison in Bialowieza forest.

• Carska Restaurant in Bialowieza: Run away from this restaurant-it is hell !!!

by Mollydd Written Aug 12, 2006

I would like to write about dodgy restaurant.I wanted to have my wedding there.They were blackmailing me 2 weeks before my wedding.They almost destroyed my wedding.They ignored all the arrangments,gave me a list of food I haven't wanted without prices even.When I have asked about prices they told me: it is not your business .I must pay what they want or I do not have wedding. The woman said with nasty smile: there is no tragedy if you not going to have any wedding.This is only small example .There was more nasty staff from this restaurant.
    Stay away from there if you do not want to be rape from money .This was a real NIGHTMARE!
    This was experience beyond your imagination.

Favorite Dish: This is junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo

Ordered at the ZAJAZD MYSLIWSKI: Ever had wild boar?

by gosiaPL Updated Jul 10, 2006

Roasting the wild boar

The roast young wild boar was a great treat! We placed a special order at the Zajazd Mysliwski for a particular date, they roasted it for us during the day (It takes several hours), and we came late afternoon to pick it up and take it to our guesthouse in Bialowieza for an outdoor dinner and beer in the yard. Of course they gave us also the huge roasting appliance so that we could heat up out game dinner, and we simply returned it the next day.

The meat was excellent and I didn't expect it to be so nourishing! The boar looked very little and thin to us, we even joked that we would still be hungry... but we soon realised that we could feed another group of people with it. The price of this special order varies with the size of the boar. Ours was one of the smallest at 500 zl ($125) and the 16 of us found it to be still too much meat. So if you'd like to have this special order for a whole roast young boar, make sure there's enough of you ready to consume it or you end up with lots of cold meat for sandwiches the next day. Otherwise it will be wasted.

ZAJAZD MYSLIWSKI: Lunch in the forests

by gosiaPL Updated Jul 10, 2006

Come on in for a bison steak!

This is right in the forests, half way between Bialowieza and Hajnowka. Perfect to stop on your way to Bialowieza, to take some rest and have a beer when walking in the forests, or just to come down here for a meal from whichever direction.

They have a whole variety of grilled meats including game, as well as traditional Polish soups and, of course, beer! It's especially nice in spring and summer - you can have your meal outside looking at the forest around you. I went there each time I visited the Bialwieski National Park.

It tends to be crowded at times 'cause people come here in waves: in buses, minivans or several cars. Then the service tends to be slow 'cause they can't handle too many people at the same time. Better if you arrive before tourists in organised grops start flocking in!

They can also put you up for the night - they have suitable accommodation.
    Check their website available in four languages.

Favorite Dish: Cold beer on a hot day, hehe! :-)))
    And you must try their bison steak!

Although the bison is under protection, from time to time their population must be reduced as: 1) the bisons must have a sufficiently large area, and 2) if there are too many, the bison crowd simply becomes damaging to the forest's eco-system.
    So the bisons that end up as steaks are shot legally by the Park's rangers. There is no bison hunting in the Park.

• evona's Profile Photo

IWA: traditional cusine of the region

by evona Written Jul 30, 2005

szarlotka

IWA this is a elegant restaurant in the same building where is the Natural History Museum. There is too a hotel called IWA too.
    The food here is really great. You can taste the traditional cuisine of the region, but if you don`t like it, you can eat a pizza or other italian dishes too.

Favorite Dish: Becouse I was in this restaurant at time of the breakfest I drunk the espresso "Allfredo" with milk and ate the "szarlotka" - an apple cake with caramel souce. The price for cake - 6 zl, for cafe - 5zl
    (11 zl it`s about 4$)

Instant Answers: Bialowieza

Comments

Bialowieza Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bialowieza restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bialowieza sightseeing.