Debki Travel Guide

Wooden bridge across the river
    The river and the sea
    by evaanna
    Main road lined with fences

Debki Things to Do

River estuary at Debki 2 more images

by evaanna Updated Jun 20, 2011

Debki has stunningly beautiful sandy beaches which attract masses of tourists. Still, there is plenty of space on the beach even during the season so don't get discouraged. The best place to enjoy the wonderful nature is probably by the Piasnica River estuary and we could see children bathing there already in early June. The beaches used to be wonderfully empty of any so-called attractions when I went there many years ago but last time we visited we noticed some kiosks and what looked like a beer garden. We couldn't be sure though as it was not open for the season yet.
    About 300 metres from the river estuary the sea hides the wreck of the British sailing boat 'General Carleton' dating back to 1777.
    This part of the Polish coast, unlike the beaches of the Tricity which face east, allows you to watch the sun drown in the sea and I remember everybody hurrying to the beach just before sunset to see the fantastic spectacles when I stayed at Debki in my twenties.

• Beaches
    • Hiking and Walking

Debki Warnings and Dangers

Forest by the road

by evaanna Updated Jun 18, 2011

There is an abundance of greenery in Debki - the forest invades the area completely, making an exception for the beaches only. It looks gorgeous with the old trees reaching up for the sky but it has its perils. The grass and shrubbery are a great habitat for ticks. Actually, the only tick that got me in all my life found me here, years ago but anyway. Fortunately, I managed to pull it out of my leg in time but, having been told all the stories of tick victims before I did that, I have been scared of the tiny creatures ever since. I have no idea how many of them the forest there hides nowadays, but, to be on the safe side, you'd better wear covered shoes and trousers rather than skimpy skirts and sandals whenever you go exploring. And examine your pet's skin after every walk. Don't let the little monsters spoil your holiday for you!

• Hiking and Walking

Debki Sports & Outdoors

Road in the forest 2 more images

by evaanna Updated Jun 20, 2011

Apart from swimming and bathing, Debki offers good conditions for cycling. You can choose between the dirt roads or paths in the forest, with their wonderful scenery but also quite a few walkers, and the tarmac roads in the vicinity of the village. Last time we went there we could see quite a number of cyclists of different ages, from young children to sprightly seniors and sometimes whole families, enjoying their rides.

Equipment: As the road surfaces in the forest can be rough or sandy you would find the mountain bike the most useful in the area but other types of bikes can be used on the roads outside the village.

• Cycling

Instant Answers: Debki

Comments

Debki Travel Guide
Map of Debki