Jelesnia Travel Guide

WHAT'S THAT? HEADS OF HORSES?
    by matcrazy1
    TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY?
    by matcrazy1
  • Jelesnia
    by Kodi01

Jelesnia Things to Do

• Polish Flowers

This is the OFFICIAL Polish flower.STOP to smell the flowers in every land you go to. These are lovely, my mom's favorite color is purple, she would love these flowers.

• A viewe from the back

It looks like a log cabin to me, but it was older than I had ever seen, built in 1774. Wow, how many years is that?Just wait to see what is inside and in front of the restaraunt. It's located 10 km southeast of Zywiec.

• Polish cultures

This is a Polish waitress in traditional old polish dress clothing.You can see the restaraunt has many old things, see the art on the wall? It looks like a man hanging made by wood.

• A traditional Polish meal and VERY old...

This is the entrance to the Stara Karczma restaruant. You can enlarge this picture and see the detail of the horses at the top corners and the face in the straw.It was certainly a restaraunt filled with Old Polish tradition and meals and waitresses with Polish costumes.

• Stara Karczma Restaraunt

Look at this very old historical building lined with beautiful red flowers.It was a great place to feel the Polish culture and traditional foods from Poland. It is nestled in front of the mountains where we were for the weekend of fun!

• Polish art made of wood

The restaraunt that we had lunch at had Polish art pieces for sale outside the front door.I had to buy a couple pieces from the Polish artist selling his works.Here is a picture of some of the art I had to choose from from the artist.You can see the art pieces that I bought on the bottom shelf it is the third from the left piece. The lighter color...

Jelesnia Restaurants

• Seems like they like money there

They will take all forms of money at this restaraunt.Maybe it is very touristy as you can go quickly to Slovakia from here.

• Stara Karczma

Much more than a restaraunt!There is an old baby crib you can see in this picture along with many old Polish things from the past.

• My lunch was mushroom soup!

This was my soup as I had quite a Vodka hangover, so that is all I could manage.I wish I could experience more of the traditional food, but maybe another visit.Before we go to the mountains I think would be best. ;o) Mushroom soup as it was all I had besides bread. I had to ask what kind of mushrooms there were, there are wild mushrooms that they...

• Stara Karczma

This was Ursuza's meal.Salad, rice, pancake and chicken, I think, I will have to ask what the name of it is.it looked VERY tasty though.

• Keeping the soup warm!

Now how cozy is this on a cold winter night?Well, I was there barely in fall, it was a lovely day with sunshine, but this is appetizing any time.

• Local food

.This place is a must see and the local dishes served inside are a must eat :-)). Cheap and delicious food, maybe a little crowded in lunch time in weekends, hmm... be patient waiting loooong for your dishes.Opening hours: 9am-10pm everyday.. Przysmak zbojnicki w kociolku (local soup with meat served in special pot with fire below), roasted small...

Jelesnia Transportation

by Kodi01 Written Dec 21, 2003

There are many small cars in Europe, I saw a Fiat plant in Tychy.

This is a picture of a small European car.

European cars

Jelesnia Shopping

by Kodi01 Written Dec 21, 2003

This is a fantastic restaraunt full of art and Polish culture.

What to buy: Anything that interests you, you should buy.

I like very unique things obviously that you can not buy in the USA and will give me memories of my trip to Poland EVERY time that I look at it.

Polish art

Jelesnia Local Customs

by Kodi01 Updated Dec 21, 2003

I found in Slovakia, Czech Rep and Poland that bicycles are most popular.

See here a Polish boy riding outside of the Stara Karczma restaraunt.

Stara Karczma

Jelesnia Warnings and Dangers

• A VERY sad warning for me??

I think this says "No Dogs allowed"Well, OK my dogs did not go to Poland although I think they would love it there and especially the mountians.Good food should never be wasted on a dog I guess. ;o)

• The Polish Zebra

When Matt first emailed me with the zebra, I thought he meant an animal.This is the warning sign on the street, in a zebra design. Pay attention to the signs! :o)

• Jelesnia Hotels

0 Hotels in Jelesnia

Jelesnia What to Pack

by Kodi01 Written Dec 21, 2003

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: BYOTP=bring your own toilet paper.

Not to worry, they have it in Poland........lol

Photo Equipment: I just can not believe Matt took a pic in the bathroom......... haha!

The mens bathroom I hope?

Jelesnia Favorites

• Oscypek - what's that?

OSCYPEK (plural: oscypki) is regional, home-made (in mountainous regions of south Poland only) sheep cheese - maybe less or more smoked.Buy one first and try - if you like... buy more - it's cheap and I like to eat it (unavailable in food stores, available in front of Stara Karczma).Notice: there was a battle with European Union (EU) recently to...

• Local wooden sculptures

.I was a few times in Jelesnia (driving to Sopotnia Wielka) and I always met at least one native trying to sell local handicraft in front of Stara Karczma - usually wooden sculptures..

• Information table in... Polish

Read the info... if you know Polish :-)))OK, here is my translation:The Old Inn in Jelesnia was built in 1774. The construction was wooden, there was addition in the back made of stones added 3 years late. There is amusement hall for incomers on the left side of the entrance. There is front porch with the two piles. The roof is broken, Polish,...

Instant Answers: Jelesnia

Comments

Explore Deeper into Jelesnia
Map of Jelesnia