Krokowa Restaurants

The entrance
    The interior
    by evaanna
    My pork fillet in roquefort sauce

Most Recent Restaurants in Krokowa

• evaanna's Profile Photo

Ewa Zaprasza - Ewa Invites: Super Food Off the Beaten Path

by evaanna Updated Sep 20, 2013

The entrance

This stylish restaurant is run by a couple who seem to know everything about cooking.
    The food is freshly made so it takes some time but, while you wait, you get some hors-d'oeuvres on the house. In our case it was herring in cream sauce served with excellent bread. The rest of the meal was just as great and the waiter (the owner himself) extremely polite and considerate. Even though it was a few years ago, we both remember the place as one of the best restaurants we have ever been to, worth the drive from Krokowa, Leba or Wladyslawowo. I wish we could visit it more often.
    Update: As we have now moved to Gdynia, this year (2013) I decided to celebrate my birthday at that restaurant. The cooking is still great, the service just perfect and we have now tried some more of their delicious food, stuffing ourselves so full that we could hardly walk afterwards. But it was my birthday after all!
    We were treated to the delicious herring in cream sauce as a starter, then had mushroom soup, which was just gorgeous, after which came the main course, which for Chris was a generous piece of roasted wild boar meat with cooked cabbage, betroot and mashed potatoes while I chose fillet of pork in roquefort sauce with mashed potatoes. It was excellent too but I wish I had known you could get a child's helping as it would have been enough for me. To make things worse, we just couldn't resist ordering the apple tart with cream we had had there years before. Luckily, the kind waiter offered to wrap up most of it for us so we were able to finish it later.

Favorite Dish: The first time we were there we had fantastic fish soup served in a heated dish, grilled or fried fish with chips and excellent salad. Don't miss the dessert - the apple tart with cream simply melted in my mouth. Wish we had tried more dishes, but the helpings were very generous - we couldn't possibly eat anything else.
    BTW, you can now buy their delicious herring in cream sauce in jars to take home with you.

• evaanna's Profile Photo

Restaurant and Cafe at the Castle: Excellence in every detail

by evaanna Updated Sep 19, 2013

Cafe in the Castle

The restaurant and cafe are located on the ground floor of the castle and furnished with wonderful period furniture. As this floor is also a museum, waiting for your meal, you can stroll around admiring the great pictures, Gdansk wardrobes, cabinets and the like.
    You may have to wait a little for your order to arrive but it is all freshly prepared so requires time. The setting is very elegant and food is served on beautiful porcelain dishes. And I have never come across more attentive staff. The prices are high but the food is worth every penny. All in all, it's a wonderful place to celebrate an important occasion or to take your girlfriend out for a relaxing meal. You would have to be really rich though to do this frequently.

Favorite Dish: We visited both the restaurant and the cafe with years in between the visits. But I still remember the wonderful salmon baked in foil with some vegetables which we had to celebrate Chris's birthday and Easter years ago.
    More recently, inspired by Katherine (Ekaterinburg), who had stayed in the castle-hotel a few years ago, we visited the cafe to try their wonderful desserts. Just click on the second and third pictures and your mouth is bound to water.
    Afterwards, we were encouraged to go upstairs to see even more of the furniture, the interesting staircase, the carvings etc. A most enjoyable afternoon!

• Castles and Palaces
    • Luxury Travel

Cafe at Zamek Krokowa: Deserts to die for

by Ekaterinburg Updated Mar 14, 2007

Raspberry meringue and choc pancakes. Mmmm!

There is an indoor restaurant at the castle in Krokowa but they serve drinks, coffees and deserts seperately in what they describe as the Cafe. In fine weather you can avail of this service out of doors and have desert and drinks in the beautiful setting of the garden. Wherever we ate, during our week at Krokowa we never had desert, because every evening when we got back to the hotel, we sat outside and had a last drink and desert.

Favorite Dish: My absolute favourite desert was the raspberry meringue. This comes in a large, dinner-sized plate: hot meringue dotted with raspberries and a dollop of vanilla ice-cream. While I had this my husband had an equally generous portion of pancakes, chocolate sauce, ice-cream and fresh fruit.
    Not surprisingly, when I got backfrom Poland my jeans were more than a little tight.

• Beaches

Poaeidon: Beachbar par Excellence

Poseidon Restaurant, Debki

Posiedon is the most frequented bar/restaurant along the strip at Debki and after you've eaten there once you will understand why. The food, mainly fish ( although there are other options)is fresh and wholesome and the chef seems tohave a magic touch with evrything he cooks. There are probably several chefs, but I say he, because on the three or four occasions we were there, the same chef delivered the food to the table himself. Business is brusque but it doesn't get too crowded , especially if you wait until mid-afternoon. It's the same menu and the same prices all day long and the tastiest, best value for money in the area.

Favorite Dish: I liked the cod so much that I never ventured further with the menu. Served with a generous portion of salad and very tasty fries, this was a meal fit for a king. A full meal here plus a beer or two cost around EUR 6. Eating out is so cheap in Poland that it will scarcely make a dent in your budget.

• Beaches

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Louisa: Good food, great decor.

After dinner at Louisa's

The decor of this restaurant really surprised me. It's in the cluster of newer buildings along with the bank and the pharmacy in a little complex obviously designed to fit in with the architecture of the castle. I expected a standard pizzeria type decor but Louisa's owners have been really clever. Step inside and you could be in your own livingroom. There are bookcases, sideboards, nice paintings on the wall: totally mellow and very inviting. The menu featured some Polish specialities but had all the usual options as well. Seven of us had dinner there and everybody's food was delicious.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish at Louisa's was the Pork with parmesan cheese , served with crispy fried potato slices, sprinkled with rosemary. My husband had the chicken with cheese and pineapple and that was absolutely delicious also. After the meal, there was no pressure to leave and we lingered for quite a while over coffee and yet more Zyviec. Service was efficient and friendly, Iwould definitely go there again.

• Architecture

• LRADZIO's Profile Photo

Krokowa Castel: Don't miss the delicious pastries

by LRADZIO Written Jan 24, 2008

The atmosphere is felted you will enjoy the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Most of the dishes are Polish, I can't remember the names.

• Castles and Palaces

Instant Answers: Krokowa

Comments

Krokowa Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Krokowa restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Krokowa sightseeing.