Sandomierz Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Sandomierz

under the red umbrellas

by Pawtuxet Updated Sep 16, 2006

Actually this tip represents two restaurants. We stopped on our way south and had drinks while watching the activity in the square. It was a pleasant spot to take in the preparations for a weekend concert. The weather was so hot that you just wanted to sit there and suck down about 3 tall cool ones. On our return trip, we stopped in this charming village once again and spent a bit more time. We chose this location for lunch and again enjoyed good service, tasty lunch, and the opportunity to watch all the activity in the town square. Gosia tells me there were two separate restaurants. One is Trzydziestka (Thirty) and the other is Staromiejska at 28 Rynek Square. I didn't notice any signs, just the red umbrellas. They are on the south side of the town square. You can't miss them. Stop for lunch or coffee. You are certain to enjoy a pleasant repose.

• Architecture

one of the oldest

by Pawtuxet Updated Sep 16, 2006

The most amazing thing about this restaurant is discovered at their front door. Look up to see the date of the establishment. 1563 !!!! Astounding for someone from the US who thinks that the 1700's is really old. We sat on a sunny patio with umbrellas to shade that blazing sun. We arrived in Sandomierz on one of the hottest days of the summer. I just remember being very grateful for a cool drink and the shade. It was crowded that day, and when a bird flew in to dive bomb someone's head, the entire group was in a stir. Just a little local entertainment to add to the charm of eating out-of-doors.

• Architecture
    • Beer Tasting

Let's get an ice cream!

by Pawtuxet Updated Sep 16, 2006

There was a certain time of the afternoon...we all know about this... when suddenly everyone wants an ice cream at the same time. Happens frequently...in many countries. Such was the case here in front of the oldest restaurant mentioned earlier. Of course Gosia and I followed suit. Who could resist?

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo

a few in the Market Sq.: Eat comfortably in the Market Sq.

by gosiaPL Updated Sep 23, 2006

Restaurants in the Market Sq.

There are quite a few restaurants in the Market Sq. I tried the TRZYDZIESTKA (meaning "No 30") for coffee on one day, and then the STAROMIEJSKA for lunch on another day. I had this lunch on a Sunday, and many local people came for a meal, which was a good sign of the food quality :-) I can't remember what I had but everything was yummy and at moderate price level.
    Both these reastaurants are in the Market Sq., on the same side as the Pod Cizemka restaurant, so it was nice to sit outside looking at what was going on there...

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo

Restaurant POD CIZEMKA: Great old Polish cuisine

by gosiaPL Updated Jul 1, 2006

Restaurant Pod Cizemka

I mention this place as a hotel but it is a restaurant too. Its 16th century interiors may seem on the elegant side but there is also a more informal pub-like area outside (check the pictures). I was in a group of about 15 people so the staff joined tables for us. Everything I had was excellent and, of course, their specialty is traditional old Polish cuisine!

Instant Answers: Sandomierz

Comments

Sandomierz Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sandomierz restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sandomierz sightseeing.