Wroclaw Restaurants

Pod Gryfami: VT meeting
    by HORSCHECK
    Sirloin steak with silesian dumplings
    Restaurant Sphinx

Most Recent Restaurants in Wroclaw

Epoka: Traditional Polish dishes

by Airpunk Written Jun 11, 2013

Good place, if you need a restaurant for a formal dinner or some other special ocassion. Epoka is a high class restaurant which serves traditional polish dishes in a countryside atmosphere. You can imagine that this comes with respective prices. Though their website is in Polish, the menu is translated into German and English as well.

I head meat with silesian dumpligs, what must stuck in my mind however was the home-made cheesecake. As I said, recommended for special events or a culinary delight. However, if you are just for a short time in Wroclaw think twice about going here becuase Epoka is not what you can centrally located.

• Spathever's Profile Photo

Herbaciarnia K2: Quirky & tasty mixtures!

by Spathever Updated Oct 19, 2012

The atmosphere of the place was quite mellow and private. The music didn't exactly always fit the decór of the place which was one of its stronger points. There was less light than expected but it added to a nice moody atmosphere and the colours and furniture were natural and earthy.

I had a warm beer spiced with muscot nut syrup and pieces of apple. I didn't exactly fancy the drink as I don't especially like beer and I knew that my choice was risky. But my partner had one of the most unforgettable hot chocolates I've ever seen or tasted. First, it came in a normal size cup and it was topped off with authentic whipped cream the size of the whole cup! Imagine, you see a cup and then a tower of whipped cream. Beneath it all was real melted hot chocolate which is very hard to come by anywhere else than Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia. The combination was just incredible. As my partner liked the beer more we had a swap and had a great time. I think I paid around 7 zloty for the drink and hot chocolate each.

Restaurant Pastelowa

Pastelowa: Pancake Hawaii

Restaurant Pastelowa is a small and simply furnished place which is famous for its reasonably priced pancakes. The panacakes come in all sorts of variations from sweet to hearty.

I once went there for lunch and most of the tables were occupied. I opted for the Hawaii style pancake (Nalesnik hawajski;12 Zloty; 2006).

Karczma Mlynska

Karczma Mlynska: Entrance

Karczma Mlynska (Mill Inn) occupies the ground floor of Hotel Tumski and also has a nice summer terrace with great riverside views. They serve traditional Polish meals and international delicacies.

I ate a tasty beefsteak with green pepper, potatoes and salad (Befsztyk w sosie grzyp, 42 Zloty, 2006) and washed it down with a few Okocim beer.

Sphinx

Restaurant Sphinx

I have already noticed Sphinx restaurants in other Polish cities on my previous trips, so when I was in Wroclaw I decided to give this Polish chain of Middle Eastern cuisine a try. The distance between tables is quite small and the restaurant is usually packed with a youngish crowd.

Their menu offers a wide range of international food from Pizza to Kebabs. I decided for a Shawarma which came on a big plate with rice and a pile of cabbage (Shoarma zapieczona serem; 18,90 Zloty; 2006).

Pod Gryfami

Pod Gryfami: VT meeting

On my first evening in Wroclaw I met up with two local VT members and we agreed on having dinner in Pod Gryfami (Under the Griffins).

It has several dining rooms in nostalgic 15th and 18th century cellars as well as a nice outside seating terrace facing the Market Square.

Polish and international dishes are listed on the menu. I finally opted for the tasty royal style sirloin steak with silesian dumplings (poledwiczka po krolewsku; 38 Zloty; 2006).

*Main photo courtesy of wroclawiak*

Bierhalle: A restaurant from the Polish beer and brezel chain

by Airpunk Updated Sep 30, 2011

The Bierhalle chain is known for Bavarian beer and food, although specialities from Poland or other German regions can be found on the menu too. That means that you'll find mainly meat dishes there. Anyway, the focus is on beer where you have a good choice, including a brand brewed for this restaurant chain only. Have a look at their offers as their normal prices are a little over average, mainly due do its prime locations. In Wroclaw, It's right in the middle of the Rynek, where well-paying tourists are expected.
    Such places are usually not my prime choice, but it was the first place I found where a football match was shown which I wanted to watch. That said, you can expect what kind of crowd you could expect there on a summer day with football on the telly. I had a lot of fun and didn't regret being there. The atmosphere was good, even before and after the match. Not the place you should go, if you are looking for traditional dishes or a bargain, but a good choice for an afternoon or evening out at the Rynek.

Sphinx: The popular Sphinx chain

by Airpunk Written Sep 30, 2011
    Sphinx Restaurant, Wroclaw

This chain has become quite popular in Poland. Egyptian-themed (but surely not with Egyptian dishes), this restaurant is a good place for a night out with family and friends. The advantage of such a place is surely not the individual taste, but the assurance to get a good meal in an atmosphere which is well situated between stylish and affordable: Not too posh for me, but with a higher level of style and cleanliness than a pub.
    I assume that the menu does not differ a lot throughout the other Sphinx restaurants in Poland. It contains international dishes, including pasta and pizza, but also a couple of Middle Eastern dishes which you could find all over the world, such as shoarma and kebap. The Sphinx in Wroclaw has the advantage that it is located right at the Rynek, so that you can sit outside and have a nice view in summertime.

Gruzinskie Chaczapuri Wroclaw: A culinary short trip to Georgia

by Airpunk Written Sep 30, 2011

Gruzinskie Chaczapuri is a Georgian Restaurant located in a side street very close to the Rynek. It is kept in orange and dark colours and has a good atmosphere in the darker times of the day, especially if you consider the candlelight. As my friends and me have never tasted the Georgian before, we went to this place for dinner. There is nothing negative to say about: Prices are good, staff friendly, the servings are large and the food was fine too. However, we went with the opinion that our meals were not that Georgian, especially when it comes to the taste. I can't say much about authentic Georgian cuisine, but I could have expected any of the dishes we got in almost every part of the world. My two friends got meat dishes with chips, I had some kind of mushroom pancake. Probably we came with too high expectations of an exotic taste. Other than that it was a good evening and maybe I would try it again to make a better judgement.

• travelguru123's Profile Photo

Mosaiq restaurant & wine lounge: Incredible food !

by travelguru123 Written Aug 2, 2011

The concierge of our hotel suggested to go to this amazing restaurant. It was just a 2 minutes walk away from the main town square. The ambiance is classic modern and very elegant. Service was very attentative.

Favorite Dish: As a starter I had a Polish meat platter, for the main dish steak. My wife had a ceaser salad and fish. Amazing tastes! The best food on our journey so far. We were so lucky to have found such a great place. We definately recommend!

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

Vega: Classic Milk bar with vegetarian menu

by Airpunk Written Jul 26, 2011

Vega

Mix a communist-style milk bar with a vegetarian restaurant and here you have it: Restaurant Vega. The place is not shiny and not the place for a splendid dinner, but surely a place to have a quick lunch or a cheap meal with some friends. Needless to say that the Vega is popular with students. The food was good for cantine-style food, but far away from gourmet taste. What makes it special is the big choice of vegetarian dishes in the meat-dominated world of Polish cuisine. Well, big choice is maybe to the right word. As I said, we are in a kind of communist-style milk bar, even if it's a large one. There is a big menu board, but not all dishes are available. If you don't see a price behind your choice, that means that you won't get that one today.

• wroclawiak's Profile Photo

Piwnica Swidnicka: One of the oldest eateries n Europe.

by wroclawiak Updated Apr 4, 2011

One of the oldest eateries in Europe.

The Swidnica Cellar lies Underneath the mainbuilding of the Town Hall. The cellar has operated since the 13th century and used to serve the Swidnica beer, famous all over Europe.
    The cellar consists of ten halls that occupy the space of 900 m2. Each hall has its own decoration.
    The Hansa Hall, Alderman Hall, Barrel (Hall) serve the old traditional dishes.Try one f the famous Polish dishes:
    Bigos - prepared according to the Old Polish recipe. (Sauerkraut with different sorts of meat ) - 14 PLN (4.5$).
    The European kitchen is served too.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Tete-à-Tete: Fine dining by the Rynek

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 4, 2011

ther logo

The restaurant serves polish specialities and international cuisine. It's generally-speaking a good restaurant. Their business lunches for 25 zlotis are surely good value. One comment about Polish food in general: it's extremely greasy and fat, so it might not appeal to all tastes. Sauerkraut and cabbage seem to be the base of every meal (sadly).

Favorite Dish: Actually the desserts... desserts to die for. Like the chocolate mousse

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Malgosia: Drink Bar

by pieter_jan_v Updated Mar 19, 2011

Malgosia - Wroclaw

Malgosia is located at the North-West corner of the Rynek square, the central square in downtown Wroclaw. Inside there is supprisingly much space as the bar extends to the cellars.

The pub originally named Kamieniczka "Malgosia" was founded in the 15th century.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• drumcode's Profile Photo

Rodeo Drive: Great Steaks

by drumcode Written Jan 26, 2011

Right on Rynek Square, this is a great place for good steaks. English menus are available and our waiter spoke very good English and was also very friendly.

Beware, the place currently has no alcohol licence.

Favorite Dish: I had the 300g filet mignon. It comes with two sides and a sauce for only PLN 66. I went for fries, onion rings and peppercorn sauce.

The food was awesome and the portions were impressive.

Instant Answers: Wroclaw

Comments

Wroclaw Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Wroclaw restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wroclaw sightseeing.