This bridge was constructed between 1907 and 1910, becoming Germany's second largest suspension bridge when it was completed. Among Wroclaw's bridges, it is the best known and surely the most distinctive one. The view from the riverside promenade onto the bridge is good as the one from the bridge itself.
Most Grunwaldzki is a suspension bridge spanning over Oder river. It connects the city center with north-east districts. Completed in 1910, it is today most recognized bridge of Wroclaw. The best way to watch it is from riverside promenade.
The bridge was erected 1910. It's 112,5 meters long and 18 meters wide. The first name of the bridge was the Emperor Bridge (Kaiserbrücke). Its name was changed into the Freedom Bridge after the Word War 1. 1933, its name was changed again. It was called the Adolf Hitler Bridge. After the World War II the Poles renamed the bridge again. It's called the Grunwaldzki Bridge - Most Grunwaldzki [most grunvaltski].