It took 30 years to build it but finally we made it :-) I mean still there are some things tthat need to be done around the building.. but they promised to finish it this summer.. We will see. Anyway Oera Nova is one of the biggest one in Poland.
The greatest success of Opera NOVA is the 'Bydgoszcz Opera Festival', launched in 1994. Since then the Bydgoszcz opera stage has been the venue for annual meetings of music theatres, which present their best productions (operas, operettas, ballets and musicals).
Every year the 'Bydgoszcz Opera Festival' plays host some great guests: the A. Makarov Ballet Theatre from St. Petersburg, the National Opera Establishment from Sofia, the Academic Ballet Theatre of the Republic of Belarus from Minsk, the National Opera Establishment of Ukraine from Kiev, the J.K. Tyl Memorial Theatre from Pilsen, the National Opera Establishment of Latvia from Riga, the Royal Ballet Society of Flanders from Antwerp, Hubbard Street Dance from Chicago, and Cullbergballet from Stockholm.
for more click here
Pomorze Music Hall was built between 1954-1958. It has outstanding acoustics which is considered one of the best in Europe. It offers concerts at the European level with the participation of world leading artists.
for more click here
The Forest Park of Culture and Recreation is called Myslecinek. It's very popular place for weekends walks and sports activities. It spreads over an area of 830 hectars. There are many attractions in there:
ZOO ( the Polish Fauna and Flora Garden), Botanical Garden, Horse Riding Recreation Center, lift for skiers, park's railway, Hotel, some restaurants, promenade, Centre of Ecological Education.. Besides many cultural events take place in there.
It's a good place for picnic :-)
It is a small, Gothic-Renaissance, one-aisle, Roman Catholic church, built between 1582 – 1602 on the site of the wooden chapel of the Holy Ghost. The church boasts a polychrome caissons ceiling and a chapel with a Renaissance attic (from 1646). I
n the interior, there is a Gothic chandelier, two magnificent wrought-iron gratings and a wooden altar from the 17th century as well as a painting of Saint Stanis³aw Kostka by Leon Wyczó³kowski. Till 1818 the church belonged to the monastery of the order of St. Clare. In 1835 it was converted to a warehouse, and in 1875 – a fire station. In 1878 – 1937 and in 1992 – 1993 the church was thoroughly renovated. Every day (at 9 am, midday, 3 pm and 6 pm) the Bydgoszcz bugle-call, based on motifs from regional Kashubian cheers and composed (in 1946) by Konrad Pa³ubicki, is played.
It is unusual sculpture. It doesnd stand somewhere - it "flies" above the river.
Sculpture "Crossing of river" was unveiled on the night of 30 April - 1st May 2004 on the occasion of Poland's accession to European Union.
It was presented to inhabitans of Bydgoszcz as a gift. Government of the city hopes that sculpture will become a symbol of Bydgoszcz.
Gothic-Renaissance catholic church was built in 1582 on the place of wooden chappel of Holy Spirit. It is one-nave church.
Interior is in gothic and renaissance styles. Every day at 9.00, 12.00, 15.00 (3 PM), 18.00 (6 PM) you can hear trumpet melody from the tower of the church.
Complex of buildings built in XIX century located on river Brda and Mlynowka.
There are buildings of unknown architects such as these best architects like Jozef Swiecicki.
This part of old town is similar to Venezia, because of that it is called Bydgoszcz Venezia (Bydgoska Wenecja).
It is a nice place for quiet walking.
There is three warehouses (spichrz in polish) staying together on bank of Brda river.
They were used for keeping food products that had to be transported by water way to Gdansk.
Three warehouses picturesquely accompany to Bydgoszcz old town. They became a symbol of the city.
Today local museum locates in these warehouses.
Parish church built in gothic style is oldest church in Bydgoszcz. It was erected in 1466 on the site of wooden church burnt down by teutonic knights. In 16th and 17th century four chappels were added to main building of the church. One of them St. Sebastian and Florian chappel (now Holly Cross chappel) exists to this day.
In year 1660 the baroque angelus bell was installed. The decorations are also in baroque style.
The church of St Martin and St Nicholas (Minor Basilica) in Bydgoszcz is the oldest from the preserved temples of Bydgoszcz and the first parish church of the city. Its present structure was shaped at the turn of the l5th century, with some changes in later centuries.
The year 1999 brought to the parish church events of the highest rank, since it was the time of a historical visit of the Holy Father John Paul II in Bydgoszcz. The Holy Father raised the Fara to the rank of a co-cathedral of the Gniezno archdiocese, as well as crowned with papal crowns the image of the Bydgoszcz Madonna and the Child Jesus, presented on the most important painting of Bydgoszcz.
The Basilica is probably the best and nicest lighted building in Bydgoszcz. Just have a look at pictures.:)
Spichrze (granaries) used to be buildings where grain was kept. Old granaries were built probably as early as in XIV century in Bydgoszcz. There are three preserved buildings. The oldest is probably from XVII century, and the orher: from XVIII/XIXc.
There is an archeology and history Leonard Wydzolkowski Museum nowdays. Those granaries are one of symbols of Bydgoszcz city.
Until the beginning of the 20th century the old market square served as the administrative and commercial center. It is not that imposing like, for example in Torun, but you may find some interesting buildings around. The most important are the library and the City Hall.
Old town square of Bydgoszcz is a central punkt of old town, like in other towns. Square is surrounded by old houses that have historical value. In warm time of the year street cafes locate on the square.
Since 1915 it has been an inactive section of the Bydgoszcz Canal. The first building project of geographer royal Franciszek F. Czacki from 1766 was not realized due to the Prussian annexation of Bydgoszcz. In 1773 the construction of the Canal according to a Prussian project began.It was opened in 1775 and since then, has been modernized several times. Its importance arose from the appearance of steamships on the Canal in 1883. About 500 000 tonnes of load (at present – no more than 50 000 tonnes) were carried by the Canal.
At present, there is a promenade with a magnificent timber stand (about 40 black poplars recognized as nature monuments). The efforts to have this technical architecture monument put on the UNESCO World Heritage List are under way.
Bydgoszcz was founded by Kazimierz III, the Great - king of Poland - in 1346. This is why there are many things named to commemorate the king, like the local University.
The monument is new. It was founded in October 2006. It has four metres. The monument was designed by Mariusz Bialecki from Gdansk.