Lublin Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lublin

Restaurant Mandragora

by HORSCHECK Updated Jan 29, 2014

Inside Restaurant Mandragora

On our second evening in Lublin we had dinner in Mandragora, which is a Jewish themed restaurant. The menu lists dishes from Middle European and Middle Eastern cuisine.

Inside the restaurant consists of at least two rooms which are decorated in great detail.

Restaurant Mandragora also has an outdoor terrace on the market square, but as it was a bit cold outside we prefered to sit inside and enjoy the cosy atmosphere.

I ordered an Israeli chicken cutlet with potatoes and salad (25 PLN) and washed it down with a Zywiec beer (6,00 PLN). My dish was excellent and it was beautifully arranged on the plate.

Of all the restaurants we visited in Lublin, this was probably my favourite.

Zadora: Great Pancakes!

by Bushman23 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Entrance to the Restaurant

A small restaurant, hidden in a small alleyway, with a HUGE selection of pancakes, offering fillings ranging from fruits to meats, and everything inbetween, they also have a nice coffee selection. The ambience in the restaurant is very relaxed, though the chairs are a bit uncomfortable :-p

Favorite Dish: Asia ate a pancake with fruits and cream (though i can't remember exactly which kind, i think it was banana) - which was absolutely fantastic - served hot, kinda sweet, but not too sweet :-)

Vanilla Cafe

by HORSCHECK Written Jul 10, 2010

Inside Vanilla Cafe

One late evening we popped into Vanilla Cafe for a late desert and drink. The modern cafe is decorated in violet and red colours; it also has an outdoor terrace facing the pedestrianised shopping street.

A wide range of homemade cakes and desserts as well as hot and cold drinks is on offer. I only ordered a big Zywiec beer (8,00 PLN) and enjoyed the atmosphere.

The building of Vanilla Cafe is also home to a hotel of the same name.

Restauracja Ulice Miasta

by HORSCHECK Written Jul 10, 2010

Restauracja Ulice Miasta

Favorite Dish: As our accomodation didn't offer breakfast, we once asked in the Tourist Information Office for places offering light snacks in the late morning. The person in charge recommended Restauracja Ulice Miasta, which serves breakfast from 10:00 until 12:00 h.

We took a seat on the outdorr terrace and perused the breakfast menu. I ordered an omlette with fruit and whipped cream (10,00 PLN) and a hot chocolate (10,00 PLN), which was a very good choice for this time of the day. The service was attentive and helpful.

Inside, the restaurant consists of several rooms with wooden decors. For dinner they offer dishes of regional, Polish and Old Polish cuisine.

Restaurant Gospoda Sielsko Anielsko

by HORSCHECK Updated Jul 10, 2010

Pork chop Lublin style

On our first evening in Lublin we decided to have dinner in one of the places at the Market Square (Rynek). We finally chose Gospoda Sielsko Anielsko, mainly because there were already a few people eating there in the later afternoon.

The interior of the restaurant is held in a wooden rustic style, but we took a seat on the outdoor terrace facing the market square.

The waitresses are dressed in traditional clothes and the bilingual menu offers a wide range of local dishes. Like in many other Polish restaurants, side dishes have to be ordered seperately.

I opted for the pork chop Lublin style (14 PLN) with fried potatoes (4 PLN). To drink I ordered a big Warka beer (6,00 PLN).

As a starter free bread with different kinds of butter and herbs as well as cucumber were brought to our table.

The food was very yummy and the service was friendly, so I can recommend the place.

Hollywood Cafe: Great Western food

by Bushman23 Written Jan 20, 2009

On the right, just past the umbrellas

Not really an American restaurant, but they have Mexican, American, Italian and Polish dishes. The restaurant is one level down, below the coffeeshop. The ambience is pretty nice, though it can be pretty cramped in some spots. The service is not great, though not the worst in Lublin.

Favorite Dish: I had Mexican Tortillas, which were very tasty, and very filling, and Asia had a salad.

• Study Abroad

Mandragora: Wonderful Jewish experience

by Bushman23 Written Oct 26, 2008

My meal - excellent!

This little restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere, good service, and excellent food. They serve a variety of Israeli dishes, and some local ones as well, just in case :-p The deco on the walls (images of traditional dances mostly) adds to the ambience, as does the soft lighting. The prices are quite reasonable too (i paid just over 50PLN for 2 of us - about $16)

Favorite Dish: I had the Falafel, served with chips and Kapusta (kinda cabbage dish) - was excellent!! Asia had a Salad, which to be honest looked like mostly tomatoes, but had a very nice 'aftertaste' thanks to the sauce that came with it.

• highaction's Profile Photo

Grammofono: Projectile warning

by highaction Written Jul 17, 2008

Polish food set in old town Lublin. The ambiance is unique for old town as you can sit in the garden and enjoy a lazy summer beer or fill yourself up on fresh Zurek and all the typical traditional Polish favorites. Beware though....old town Lublin can be quite nasty and dangerous at times. As we were sitting enjoying the aforementioned treats.....a bucket of human waste was hurled over the fence into the garden and landed under the table next to us. No....I'm not kidding. The waitress was as stunned as we were however and the police were called, promptly arrived.....and did nothing. We enjoyed the rest of our food (which had yet to emerge from the kitchen thankfully) paid and left. I don't want to discourage anyone from eating here......just wish to color the atmosphere a bit.

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo

U SZEWCA Pub & Restaurant: More pub-like, not sure if Irish...

U Szewca pub & restaurant

More and more pubs in Poland call themselves "Irish pubs" to attract more customers. Well, I guess it's for the Irish to judge whether they can claim this ;-)

This one is OK for food and drink. I only looked around and had a chat with one of the bartenders. An average meal should be within 40 zl ($10), but that depends on how many beers you take ;-) The place is crowded in the evening, I remember that from my first visit to Lublin.

• Architecture

OLD PUB Bar & Restaurant: Excellent variety, cute interior

Lublin's Old Pub restaurant

I was attracted to this place by the 1576 date above the door and simply wanted to see the building. As I had already had my lunch, I ordered only coffee.

The place is really nice and quite unique for interior decoration, I could make a whole travelogue of its pictures! It has three little rooms downstairs and a larger restaurant area upstairs... I checked each one and the waiter gladly showed me around.

As for the menu, I only skimmed through it over my coffee but I was stunned to see the selection! The famous Wierzynek in Cracow sounds like a little bistro compared to this one! And the range of prices is to please every taste and pocket - from regular dishes at 30-40 zl (up to $10) to the "Connoiseur's menu" that has you pay even 120 zl ($30).

And they sell cigars, which reminded me of one of the top restaurants in Warsaw, the Belvedere.

Pizzeria ACERNA: Pizza in the Old Town square

Pizzeria Acerna in Lublin

That was a good option when I had little time. They offer 32 types of pizza in small (22cm) and big (30cm) sizes.
    I had a small Quattro Stagioni for 13 zl ($3.25) and it was quite good... well, maybe a bit over the top with the olives. The dough was nice though, especially that it can be disappointing in many Polish pizzerias...

Nice interior - sorry, I couldn't take the picture, my camera batteries went dead after I photographed the Grand Tribunal that faces the pizzeria (this photo comes from their menu brochure). The restaurant is right in the market square in the 'Dom Rzemiosla' building, you can't miss it. In the summer they have tables outside and they serve the Polish Zywiec beer :-)

They also do phone order and take-away.

• Castles and Palaces

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo

Vanilla Cafe: Coffee time, anyone?

Vanilla Cafe card

This is a nice one to go for coffee and a little snack on your way to the Old Town square and the Castle - it's right in the Deptak walkway! Nice selection of coffees, teas, pastry, pancakes and salads. And a pretty good choice of alcohol drinks too!

I had a cheesecake that was served in a bowl sprinkled with chocolate sauce and such likes, real piece of art! Together with coffee that was around 15 zl ($3.5)

Nice interior in rich, warm colours, just like in their card (see the picture). In the warmer months they've got tables outside - that's where I enjoyed my espresso when I was there in September.

Favorite Dish: Haven't tried many but the cheesecake was delicious!

• Castles and Palaces

• gale.blog.pl's Profile Photo

Vanilia: More of Vanilia

by gale.blog.pl Written Sep 5, 2004

Tables and Comfortable Chairs

As I said above, it's best to go downstairs and enjoy your coffee in Vanilia's cellars. If the sofas are occupied you can take one of those comfortable chairs. Although the tables are not large you'll certainly enjoy your visit to Vanilia.

• gale.blog.pl's Profile Photo

Vanilia: Nice place for a cup of coffee

by gale.blog.pl Written Sep 5, 2004

Sofas in Vanilia

Whenever I'm in Lublin I need to have a cup of coffee in Vanilia. It's best to go downstairs and have your coffee and/or dessert in the cellar.

Nice interiors, good and inexpensive menu as well as kind service make Vanilia my favourite.

Favorite Dish: Cafe Latte

• mad3's Profile Photo

The Gold Donkey - Z³oty Osio³: One of the best...

by mad3 Written May 25, 2003

It's a special place for me, because of the atmosphere. Of course they have also very tasty dishes, coffe and many kinds of beer. if you want to spend some time in a silent place with a good music and food, just go there. It's on Grodzka Str. as most of pubs and restaurants in Lublin.

Instant Answers: Lublin

Comments

Lublin Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lublin restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lublin sightseeing.