Da Pietro, Krakow

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Ristorante Da Pietro

by yumyum Updated Aug 3, 2009

my lasagne

I chose this restaurant at the main market square in Krakow because of its outdoor seating. Even as a single traveller, it's no problem to eat there. Well, actually I had read good things about this restaurant in the Inyourpocket guide and I fancied pasta for my first meal in Krakow.

Apart from the large outdoor seating, the airconditioned restaurant has several cellar rooms which look very nice too. I saw them all since a visit to the bathroom takes you through them all ;) The restaurant is actually located in the 14th century Hetman's House and the cellars used to be the Royal Mint's vault.

The restaurant is open every day from 12.30 till 24.00.

Favorite Dish: I opted for a lasagne al forno which turned out to be an excellent choice at 24 PLN. My ice tea cost 6 PLN and a small mineral water 4 PLN.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Da Pietro: Eat Italian in Krakow

by Pawtuxet Updated Jul 3, 2009

(2009) The last night all four women travellers dined at DaPietro's Italian restaurant on the south side of the square. You descend the stairs to a cellar with stone walls and arched doorways. My companions enjoyed pasta dishes while I found interesting alternatives to wheat. The wine was good, the service attentive, and the softly lit surroundings gave it a pleasant atmosphere.

On an earlier trip we were in Krakow for about a week, so we had an opportunity to check out a number of restaurants, cafes, and coffee houses. This underground restaurant was a good alternative to the native cuisine. It seems to be popular among the locals as well. Nicely decorated...rooms for non-smokers (key for many of us)....nice variation of menu choices. Warm atmosphere.

• Luxury Travel

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Da Pietro: Da Pietro

by AcornMan Written Sep 6, 2004

Da Pietro is located on the south side of the main square close to the southeast corner. It serves good Italian food and had the friendliest service of any restaurant where I ate during my two weeks in Poland. Like other restaurants on the square, Da Pietro has a sizeable outdoor seating area. However, this would still be a neat place to eat in bad weather because the indoor area, located underground, is very unique and interesting. I give Da Pietro only a three because my meal (ravioli) wasn't nearly big enough and tasted rather strange with ground up wallnuts on it (I've never seen that before). However, others in my group said their food was very good, and we all enjoyed our warm drinks after dinner.

• Maggies's Profile Photo

DA PIETRO: Da Pietro

by Maggies Updated Dec 15, 2002

Another great place with Italian cuisine situated right on the Market Square. You can either sit in its cellars or a garden in the summer, which gives you great view of the square, Cloth Hall and St. Mary's Church.

Favorite Dish: Spaghetti with ham, broccoli and creamy sauce, Tagliatelle with spinach sauce

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo

Ristorante DA PIETRO: Want something Italian...?

by gosiaPL Updated Nov 18, 2003

Da Pietro, Italian restaurant in Cracow

The restaurant is right in the Old Town market square in spacious 14th c. cellars, which makes your meal all the more enjoyable. They have three lounges of which - I must say this! - the nicest I find to be one of the two for smokers, with huge old-style pictures of Rome on the walls.

They have wide selection of pasta and pizza but also a great variety of, what I call, international cuisine so you'll sure find something for yourself. I've been there several times and always liked the food, never had a single reason to complain. Good selection of wines as well!

They open at 12:30 and close at midnight.

• Business Travel

• bankowskiboy's Profile Photo

Da Pietro: try the bruschetta.

by bankowskiboy Written Oct 31, 2004

a fine italian restaurant.

before i came to krakow i did my research,so seeing as da pietro was close to the hotel,i spotted it straight away.we had a three course meal with wine which we enjoyed as much as any meal we have eaten for a long time,the service was also very good.

Favorite Dish: i had steak in cognac with green pepper sauce,with krakovian style potatoes.

• roamer61's Profile Photo

Da Pietro: Great Pizza

by roamer61 Written Jun 5, 2013

This Italian Restaurant located along the town square serves fine cuisine and excellent Roman Style pizzas. The service and ambiance is excellent. As it could be busy, reservations may be required, especially on weekends.

Favorite Dish: I had a pizza with mushrooms and basil that perhaps, was the best Roman Style Pizza I personally had outside of Italy. As a result, I highly recommend this eatery if you like Italian Cuisine and especially crave a good pizza.

• sphynxxs's Profile Photo

Da Pietro: Da Pietro

by sphynxxs Updated Sep 3, 2002

The restaurant is in an renaissance cellar just in the heart of the old town. The atmosphere in the brick built cellar is very nice - not too posh, but rather like a trattoria in the neighborhood. you can eat outside at the terrace in summer and overview the Market Square, but have a look at the downstairs rooms at any rate!

Favorite Dish: Generally nice Italian cuisine

Instant Answers: Krakow

Comments

Hotels Near Da Pietro
5.0 out of 5 stars