Gruzinskie Chaczapuri, Krakow

by johngayton
  • tini58de's Profile Photo

Gruzinskie Chaczapuri: Georgian food near the Rynek Glowny

by tini58de Updated Mar 26, 2006

This Georgian restaurant is not far away from the market square, still it is not as expensive as other places in the same neighborhood. The staff was friendly, spoke excellent English and the food and beer were good! We had a steak with rice and a bread with meat (more or less like a kebab with the meat on top of the bread). The food was good, but not out of this world, so this is why we give a 3 square satisfaction vote (and satisfied we were!)

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

Gruzinskie Chaczapuri: Inexpensive but Good Georgian Food

by mikelisaanna Written Sep 23, 2005

Gruzinskie Chaczapuri, Krakow's Georgian restauran

Gruzinskie Chaczpuri is a small Georgian restaurant located near Rynek Glowny. The food is inexpensive, but very good and filling. The interior is not fancy, but pleasant. From what we could tell, this restaurant does quite an active business.

• Study Abroad

• kolabor's Profile Photo

Georgian Chaczapuri: Exotic tastes from the south-east

by kolabor Written Sep 10, 2004

Just the fact that this restaurant is Georgian makes it special, you don't oftne see dishes from this part of the continent among the overwhelming Italian, Mexican and oriental tastes. The plates aren't maybe excuisite, but very tasty and worth the money (the most expensive costs about 5€, of course unless you decide to mix a few together. But one is enough to fill even someone with big apetite. The interior is styled for a country home (I won't say that it's georgian, because I've never been to Georgia :P). Service is rather nice, but not too fast. Anyway- worth to stop by.

Favorite Dish: My favorite and also the most popular is chaczapuri. It's a salty/spicy cake with goat's cheese filling, is served with sauces (sour, garlic and spicy), salads and different kinds of meat. But for me- it's great even alone. costs 1,5 €. Even us- students can effort it.
    For a similar price you can get lawasz, it's a bit like a pencake rolled with salad and meat inside (of course oyu may order it also with for example cheese inside and other... stuff :P).

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo

Gruzinskie Chaczapuri: Georgian food

by deeper_blue Written Dec 2, 2007

Gruzinskie outlets are dotted around the city, preparing excellent Georgian food at decent prices with great free bread and dips.

Instant Answers: Krakow

• KellyB3's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2013 at 6:05 AM

A visit to this restaurant is always enjoyable. The service is absolutely great. I've been twice now, once for a meal with my boyfriend and once with a group - nice destination for both. We had salmon and steak both times. The food was delicious, with all the Georgian classics you would expect. I particularly enjoyed pomegranate and adzika sauces. I've had some great Georgian wine and georgian grape vodka shot too. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a fun, relaxed meal in an unpretentious restaurant, where you will feel welcome and one of the family. Lovely place.

• leics's Profile Photo
      Feb 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I agree. I'm looking forward to eating there again in about 3 weeks' time. :-)

Hotels Near Gruzinskie Chaczapuri