Krew i Roza, Krakow

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Krew i Roza: Polish cuisine

by matcrazy1 Written Dec 5, 2002

Welcome to Krew i Roza

Krew i roza means "blood and rose". Go the same entrance from Grodzka street as to Hotel Rezydent and don't turn right (it's entrance to a Hotel Rezydent). Go downstairs to the underground.
    The restaurant offers good variety of Polish cuisine in mediaeval in style underground interiors.
    I was there twice: first was OK (food and staff), second time food was quite good (but not the best at this price) but I was waiting maybe 20 min. sb to go to give me menu and then maybe next 20 min. to order dishes hmm... did they work or rest?

Favorite Dish: - borsch with a meat pastry - delicious!
    - soup from boletus (a fungus) - very good!
    - roasted lamb - very good!
    As I remember I paid approx. 12-15 US$ per person.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Krew i Roza: One Of Our Favorites!

by Etoile2B Updated Oct 2, 2002

Good, hearty Polish food. Home cooking - just like my Grandma used to make, served up family-style. The restaurant itself is Gothic. It's "Renaissance Inspired" decor and cuisine. The decor is fantastic. The walls are a dark blue. The tables are old, worn wood - very rustic. You fell like you've stepped back in time. We went with a group of about 10 and had our own private dining room. The meal was topped off with complimentary vodka shots. The service was outstanding. And the food - absolutely incredible. Our meal was served on a wooden slab and we all went to town. I guarantee you won't leave hungry! It is such a fun place to eat. I recommend it to everyone. If you go to Krakow it's not to be missed!

Favorite Dish: Too hard to pick just one dish. You really can't go wrong. Everything on the menu is delicious. But go hungry - you get a lot of food for your money. It's hearty cuisine.

• Wiktoria's Profile Photo

Krew i Roza (Blood and Rose). ...

by Wiktoria Updated Aug 26, 2002

Krew i Roza (Blood and Rose). I wish now that I took a picture. This postcard that I got from Krew i Roza doesn't give it justice.
    The place looks great. I think the interiors are just amazing. Like many Krakow restaurants Krew i Roza is situated in authentic medieval cellars. Some walls are painted this beautiful deep blue color. The walls are adorned with antique swords and other objects from the medieval times. My favorite room there looked like a huge knight hall. What a fantastic place. Bravo to the interior designers of Krew i Roza.

• Wiktoria's Profile Photo

Another postcard I took from...

by Wiktoria Written Aug 26, 2002

Another postcard I took from the fabulous restaurant Krew i Roza (or 'Blood and Rose') this year.

Instant Answers: Krakow

Comments

Hotels Near Krew i Roza
4.0 out of 5 stars