Nostalgia, Krakow

with my cousins in Nostalgia 2007
    garden in Nostalgia
    the menu - pierogi
  • Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Nostalgia: Nice, nice, nice!!!

by Jawnuta Written Jun 3, 2007

garden in Nostalgia

We went to Nostalgia for lunch during our first day in Krakow. I picked this restaurant because of the great reviews on the internet and since it passed 10 years since I was in Krakow last time....I really didn't know where else to take Santo without worrying about him not being satisfy.

Our hotel was located iside an Old Town, so once we crossed plant looking for Nostalgia I saw Santo's eyes saying "why are we leaving?" but once we found the gate to the old townhouse (kamienica) and we passed a mailman delivering mail to mailboxes, and a small boy kicking a ball, and entered a courtyard full of drying loundry Santo was in haven.

Favorite Dish: We sat outside in the courtyard observing tenants living their everyday life.
    Attentive waitress brought us the menu and we ordered some local beer, pierogies, fried chanterelles, baked mountain cheese and few other small bites.

We enjoyed restaurant a lot, and especially the service. Girl was at our table every time I looked at her, but yet she was not pushy, like some other "over attentive stuff" in other places.

To be honest I always believed in Polish food (once you try it, you will like it), but taking Santo for the first time to Poland I was really afraid about obnoxious (post comunist) service.

Well, NOSTALGIA is a place to be, food is great, service just the way it supposed to be and the local flavors in the courtyard make you want to stay there all day!!!

• kirmarsh's Profile Photo

Nostalgia: nice polish restaurant

by kirmarsh Updated Mar 30, 2007

Very nice little polish restaurant. We where they’re in March but there is a court yard which would be nice in summer. Good veggie choices and the food was very good and the atmosphere romantic, on the down side the service was a little slow.

• carlitoab's Profile Photo

Restauracja Nostalgia: Fine Polish cuisine

by carlitoab Written Jun 21, 2005

We were very lucky to have found this place. A little bit off the main streets, this restaurant is a respectable place with friendly staff, great food and reasonable prices.

We were very hungry when we arrived and were not disappointed with the portions - all of which were delicious.

The menu has something to suit most tastes, a range of fish, wild meats and more conventional dishes. All in the traditional style of the region.

Favorite Dish: Hmm. Chicken breasts in cherry sauce

• Seniors

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo

Nostalgia

by Ben-UK Updated May 14, 2005

Nostalgia, ul.Karmelicka, Krakow

Excellent Polish restaurant with varied menu including nice vegetarian options. Can get busy and booking may be required at peak times. Very nice food at a reasonable price and a relaxed, candle-lit atmosphere.

Open: 11-00 to 23-00