Smak Ukrainski, Krakow

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Smak Ukrainski

by yumyum Updated Jul 29, 2009

my dish

This Ukrainian restaurant serves traditional Ukrainian food. The different beers on the menu are also from Ukraine like the Obolon and the Lvivskie. The restaurant is located in a 16th century cellar. I had a look at it but because the weather was nice, I decided to eat in their courtyard garden.

When you enter the gate, just to your right there is the Ukrainian café which belongs to the restaurant. The café also has courtyard seating. The entrance to the restaurant in the cellar is to the left.

If you need to use the toilet, you have to get the key which is lying on the buffet.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a pork roulade Kyiv style with butter and dill inside for 18 PLN. It comes deep fried with grated cheese on top. As in Ukraine you need to order your side dish separately, so I opted for the fried potatoes with cumin for 4.50 PLN. The food was lovely and I just managed my portion.

• chrissyalex's Profile Photo

Smak Ukrainski: A Taste of Ukraine

by chrissyalex Updated Jun 13, 2006

This quiet restaurant ,serving Ukrainian dishes is located in a cozy cellar, decorated with Ukrainian folklore.

Favorite Dish: I love red borsch (beet soup) and make it myself quite often. , so I was curious to try white borsch.Of course, it contained no beets . I am guessing it was flavored with horseradish. It was different and I enjoyed it.

Varenyky (pierogi)

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

Smak Ukrainski: A Pleasant Ukrainian Restaurant

by mikelisaanna Written Sep 23, 2005

Outdoor seating at Smak Ukrainski

Smak Ukrainski is a pleasant, unpretentious, moderately-priced Ukrainian restaurant located on Kanonicza street just below Wawel Castle. In the summer, the restaurant serves diners in a pleasant beergarden-like courtyard setting. When the weather gets colder, the restaurant moves indoors to a medieval cellar-style location at the same address. We ate there twice during the week that we were in Krakow and had good meals both times.

• jolsen05's Profile Photo

Smak Ukrainski: Carpathian Style Home Cooking

by jolsen05 Written Jan 9, 2005

Cozy cellar setting

This cellar restaurant probably seats no more than twenty folks. But these would be twenty very happy folks. If you like Ukrainian/Slovakian/Polish quisine, this is your place. Start off with a cold Zyviec, and peruse an extensive menu of Carpathian style dishes. The ambiance here is unbeatable, and food is excellent. You might think you're in your Ukrainian grandmother's cellar.

Favorite Dish: My meal began with a Ukranian meat soup (much like a Borsche). My main course was the meat rolls with potatoes and fresh vegetables. Everything was excellent. My vegetarian friend even found a good salad, and chose from a vegetarian section of the menu.

• Leipzig's Profile Photo

Smak Ukrainski: Ukraine cuisine

by Leipzig Written Oct 13, 2004

I found this cozy Ukrainian restaurant at Kanonicza Street. It is located in the cellar of the building.
    I had a Bortsch Soup, a typical Ukrain dish with a glass of Kwas (drink wiht bread flavour).

Instant Answers: Krakow

Comments

Hotels Near Smak Ukrainski
388 Opinions