By bus, Krakow

Know about this? Rate It!

Airport of Krakow
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Krakow Public Bus

by pieter_jan_v Updated Aug 2, 2013

Krak��w bus

Kraków has a good system of transportation by bus. The yellow coloured buses are operated by MPK, Miejskie Przedsiêbiorstwo Komunikacyjne S.A.

Buses to other towns have different colours (blue in most cases).

Tickets can be bought at kiosks, ticket machines and MPK ticket offices.

Prices:
    Single trip - PLN 2.50
    Night ticket - PLN 2.50
    Group of up to 15 people - PLN 21.00
    Group of up to 20 people - PLN 24.00

One hour pass - PLN 3.10 (no luggage rate)
    24-hour pass - PLN 10.40 (no luggage rate)
    48-hour pass - PLN 18.80 (no luggage rate)
    72-hour pass - PLN 25.00 (no luggage rate)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

To Krakow by bus

by HORSCHECK Updated Apr 14, 2012

Krakow - Zakopane bus

In December 2004 I went from Krakow on a daytrip to Zakopane by bus. Krakow's bus station (Dworzec Autobusowy) is located just next to the railway station. It is served by various bus companies like PKS, Szwagropol and Trans-Frej. Tickets for PKS are available from the driver, at the bus station or the ticket booths.

• Trains

• papito1981's Profile Photo

From Krakow to Wieliczka Salt Mine

by papito1981 Written Aug 17, 2011

304 bus timetable

Wieliczka Salt Mine, few kilometers outside Krakow are visited by millions of visitors every year! If you are in the city, the cheaper and easy way to get them is to take the n. 304 bus from from Dworzec Glowny Zachod. There's an easy bus stop close to Bagatela Teatr on Juliana Dunajewskiego street.
    In less than 30 minutes, with 3.20 Zloty you can reach Wieliczka Salt Mine. Get off at Wieliczka Cmentarz, take a descent on your right, cross the rails and in few minutes walking you get the Salt Mine.

• Museum Visits

• papito1981's Profile Photo

From Krakow airport to the city

by papito1981 Written Aug 17, 2011

Airport of Krakow

Bus is the best way to go from Krakow airport to the town centre. From the international Airport just outside on the right (after a hairpin bend) you can take bus number 292 or 208; with few Zloty (3.20 for a single trip, about 0.80 euros) you can reach the bus stop Cracow about 20 minutes.

• Robertvp's Profile Photo

getting around

by Robertvp Updated Sep 13, 2010

Most of the buses and trams pass through the downtown area close to the Railway station.Tickets on trams and buses are the same with the exception of the Airport bus (292) which charges an extra 30 gr. being 9km distant. A single fare (normalny)costs 2.50 (PLN) while a 24 hour ticket cost 10.40 (PLN) There are student prices as well as 7day tickets. One can purchase tickets from the numerous kiosks around the city or pay on the bus. There is a ticket machine in the centre of the bus which dispenses tickets (service in English) this takes coins ONLY after purchase stamp the ticket in the yellow machine close by. Inspectors randomly check buses but the system seems to work quite well. City trams and buses are blue while out of town/suburban buses are yellow. At intervals around town there are ticket machine that offer service in English and German and will take paper money (PLN) Beware of theft though as the sign warns you prior to payment. On the trams one must have the ticket ready to stamp prior to boarding as machines are NOT provided. each bus/tram stop shows the bus number and direction

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

BLUE AIRPORT SHUTTLE BUS

by LoriPori Written Jun 10, 2010

Blue Airport Shuttle Bus

After collecting our luggage, (we arrived at the Domestic Airport Terminal D - Balice), we walked through the doors to the parking area, where there was a STOP for the FREE BLUE AIRPORT SHUTTLE BUS. There was plenty of room for our luggage. The Shuttle took us to the Train Stop where we would get the "BALICE EXPRESS" train, which would take us to Krakow Main Train Station. It's a great service, as it's quite a walk to the Train Stop esp. lugging your luggage around.

• leics's Profile Photo

Rather easy.........

by leics Updated Jun 3, 2010

A 'bendy' bus

Buses in Krakow seem easy to use, wide-ranging and frequent. You can get tickets from newsagents (usually kiosks) but you can also pay the driver; this adds a little extra to the ticket price but saves the hassle of trying to find a newsagent if you are not boarding at a terminus (these seem to be dotted around the city). Timetables and names of designated stops are displayed at bus stops.

I really enjoyed my bus journeys because it's an excellent way of seeing ordinary places, and ordinary people. Be warned though: you'll have to buy two tickets if you are taking a large piece of luggage or you risk being fined by the inspectors who board buses regularly.

• Seniors
    • Singles

• davesut's Profile Photo

arriving by bus

by davesut Written Jun 3, 2010

oh blimey, what a site

Arriving at the bus station, the way to the old town is to follow the underpass underneath the rail tracks to the front of the train station.

From there take an underpass under the road and then you would be within Planty Park and the old town beyond.

Allow a minimum 20 min to get to/from the town square to the bus station. Further than you think, especially with a full back pack. I should not have had that extra cake, the wodka had no effect of course.

• budapest8's Profile Photo

Krakow at night by bus with MPK

by budapest8 Written Nov 30, 2009

Night bus network in Krakow 2005

I must say that Krakow has a very good
    public transport system. I wonder how many
    cities in the USA of a similar size can boast
    such a well functioning system?
    I'm used to being spoilt for good transport
    after living in Stockholm, London and Budapest
    where one takes getting about after midnight
    as not a problem or expensive.
    Also very safe (well London is a bit dodgy these days).
    But don't abuse the system and purchase tickets
    beforehand in the daytime. Be prepared.

Night bus is NOCNEJ AUTOBUS...I think...pronounce noch ney ow to bus..
    but I'm sure a Pole could correct me.

I had a quite bad accident when coming back from the main market square
    and slipped on the icy cobbled streets, I couldn't walk and was in agony,
    ironic thinking I came to visit my father who was having an
    orthopedic problem. Well I remember there were buses running
    to almost everywhere and took one to a chemist open late a few streets
    away.

• budapest8's Profile Photo

Krakow by bus with MPK

by budapest8 Written Nov 30, 2009
    Krakow bus map from 2005

When I stayed in Krakow for a week in a very
    cold and snowy February 2005 to visit my
    father who was having a hip replacement
    operation, we had to travel from the centre
    of the city out to the private hospital
    close to the airport and zoo. So I found
    the bus service to be very good and on time.

MPK (Miejskie Przedsiebiorstwo Komunikacyjne S.A.), maintains 130 day bus lines
    totaling about 650 kilometers. Which when you think about it, no small feat.
    In daytime the municipal buses are supplemented with minibus services
    provided by numerous independent operators not included in the above map
    From the bus station outside the main train station there are buses
    leaving to many destinations and even tourist buses run by private
    companies to nearby tourist attractions.

• Bavavia's Profile Photo

Bus: Cheap and efficient

by Bavavia Updated Jun 17, 2009

Bus waiting area downstairs undeground

You can take bus to Auschwitz and other parts of Poland. You can take train too to auschwitz and of course other areas. i took bus to auschwitz and train to airport. Reason i took bus to auschwitz is it drops u in front of musuem whereas train does not exactly. Reason i took train to airport is i wanted a straight ride there( didnt want to take chance bus getting stuck in traffic)

• dhina's Profile Photo

Minibus to Wieliczka

by dhina Updated Jul 29, 2008

I was almost tempted to join an organized tour but decided to have a bit adventure to use the local public transport. Indeed I got an interesting experience :-P You can find the minibus to Wieliczka in front of the main post office of Krakow and it costs you 5zl for return trip (May 2008).

I found the location quite easy and got the minibus soon. I did a stupid thing that I chose to sit at the back of the minibus (and also did not realize that Wieliczka is not the end destination of this minibus). To make the story short, I realized that I missed the Wieliczka stop after I saw a sign of Wieliczka with a strike through on it :-P At that time, I thought that I would follow the driver until the end destination and returned with him to Krakow, but I was a bit panic when after half an hour, the minibus passed through small village roads and I could not see other minibus (or car) from the opposite direction. There were only a couple people left, I looked around to find someone who could speak English, and I found a young man sat behind me. Through him, I was able to communicate with the driver who unfortunately forgot me and 'my Wieliczka destination'. It was not so long until finally we reached the end destination (forgot the name of the village, but it's quite remote :-P) and I followed the driver to return to Krakow. He felt guilty about forgetting me, especially when I told him (I know some survival Polski) I wanted to go back to Krakow, since I knew I missed the 4pm English guided tour anw..

The next day, I tried to to reach Wieliczka with the mini bus again, but this time everything's so smooth. The driver dropped me not so far from the salt mine :-)

• dhina's Profile Photo

Bus to Auschwitz

by dhina Written Jul 27, 2008

There are a lot of tour providers offering trip to Auschwitz, but I prefer to use local transportation. You can take the bus from Krakow main bus station (PKS). It takes around 1.5 hrs to reach the Auschwitz museum (18zl for return trip, May 2008). I almost missed the bus stop though, so make sure that you do not sit far away from the driver :-P Oh and btw the bus is quite old..but it was quite interesting experience :-)

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Bus to Auschwitz

by easterntrekker Written Jul 22, 2008

There is a tour offered from Krakow but its pricey and really iy not much more convenient , as they just drop you at the museum and you have the same tour you can buy on your own ( for less money)
    Buses leave frequently . We paid 9zl . They are convenient and drop you at the gate. No need to reserve. You can also take the train for 7zl but then you would need to take a taxi to the gate. Both take about and hour and a half.

The bus station is right behind the train station.

• Singles

• xena_virtuall's Profile Photo

Night bus from airport/How to stop a bus on demand

by xena_virtuall Written Apr 3, 2008

Here is the actuall time-table of the night bus 902 from Airport Balice to Krakow

Bus no 902 Port Lotniczy (Airport)

Rute: PORT LOTNICZY (AIRPORT) - Balice, Olszanicka, Chelmska, Kasztanowa, Krolowej Jadwigi, Focha, Podwale, Basztowa, Lubicz, Mogilska, Kotlarska - KRAKOWSKA SZKOLA WYZSZA
    Monday - Sunday
    23.26
    0.26
    1.26
    The bus is on demand, it means you have to stop it by stretching your arm forward and mooving it up and down few times, some drivers don`t recognize waving only with a hand as the stopping signal, so work your body well to succeed:)

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Krakow

Comments

Other Transportation in Krakow