Oswiecim Restaurants

Bar Paco and Waitress
    by johngayton

Most Recent Restaurants in Oswiecim

• Bavavia's Profile Photo

Not sure but its the only little hut i saw: Little hut as you approach entrance to Auschwitz

by Bavavia Written Jun 9, 2009

Cheap and a good selection of items......i just needed something to eat because it was around 3:00 pm and i had not eaten anything yet that day, so i just got a soda and some pretzels and that held me over until around 6:00 when i was able to get a nice dinner inside Krakow.

Favorite Dish: Pretzels and coke!

• Outside stands: Basic & simple

by Maideneer Updated Mar 21, 2007

There were 2 stands I came across in this town. One is right outside the train station, where an old lady sold me a bottle of water (not cold, but I really didn't care), and one stand right outside the camp where the buses were waiting. Basic and minor food items could be purchased, just for snacks. I did notice a cafe looking building next to the train station as well, I wish I had paid more attention to it, I don't remember all that much about it.

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Bar Paco: JUst Like Home-cooking!

by johngayton Written Dec 19, 2006

Bar Paco and Waitress

Asking my taxi driver/guide where would be a good place to stop off for a late lunch after the day out at Auschwitz and Birkenau we pulled into this small roadside restaurant on the outskirts of Oswiecim. A pretty good choice it was too. The waitress serving us hadn't been there long herself but was genuinely proud of the fact that everything was made on the premises, "Just like home" as my driver translated.

Arriving on a gloomy December midweek afternoon there was only one other table in the restaurant but there were delicous smells emanating from the kitchen, the smell of proper cooking!! Good service, good simple food and a bill for the 2 of us of 21.50 PLN (just over 4 quid) was just the job :)

Favorite Dish: Perogi, in its various spellings, is an Eastern European variant on ravioli, though is quite often bought ready-made. Here it is made in the kitchen and comes in vegetarian and meat varieties, and along with a bowl of excellent bortsch, a beetroot consomme with a definite meaty stock base, made for an excellent light late lunch.

Instant Answers: Oswiecim

Comments

Oswiecim Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Oswiecim restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oswiecim sightseeing.